Normani - "Fair" + Debut Album | Page 240 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani - "Fair" + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. She’s being billed as a performer this time whereas other celebrities like Sabrina Carpenter are only appearing at the show like Mani has in 2019 and 2020. At least, that’s how it’s being presented compared to her previous appearances so far.

2. RMK

RMK

This is a great way to silence any queerbaiting that has ever taken place.

Orange likes this.
  3. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

My heart fell out of my ass when I heard Janet's iconic giggling at the end of the performance. I love that she directly sampled "Would You Mind".

A few of you mentioned it already but the vocal track was kind of weird and it almost detracted from the performance a little for me, but otherwise she killed it as per usual. She really should've just had a headset mic though, especially with how complex her choreography is - I think the handheld mic seems to be something she's studied from Beyoncé, but her performance style is much more in line with Janet/Britney.

LPT, Blue6010, lemonsqueezyy and 25 others like this.
  4. She’s obviously immensely talented as a performer, but the performance was really let down by that vocal track.

Stopremix and stereosalt like this.
  5. She needs to call the guy that did the live tracks for Fifth Harmony, those tracks always came alive for TV slots and always played to their vocals strengths. Nobody mention oxygen tanks.

6. That was incredible! I see so much Aaliyah and Janet in the styling and choreography, I loved it all.

TEYANA coming out at the end for the striptease strapped up like Jesus!!!!!! She deserves her flowers from this industry (and everyone should listen to The Album asap). I was almost hoping they'd break into a rendition of Morning.

tea, Jonathan27, 3Xs and 5 others like this.
  7. She keeps on delivering!

TrixieVillaintina likes this.
  8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Next to Janet Mock. Angels!

9. So this is how you do the VMAs. The performance could have been a video, the style and styling was on point. It was crazy good.

The influences of Aaliyah, Janet, it was everything.

Watched with two friends who didn’t even know the song and they instantly added to playlists etc. Hope that’s something that happens a lot. The song grew on me too recently a lot and now it is up there with the best of the year.

slaybellz and lushLuck like this.
  10. Everyone who listens to Wild Side loves it, we just need it to actually reach people.

11. A lot of people here were quite underwhelmed the first few listens if I remember correctly. Not me.

12. Wild Side rebounds 73 spots on US iTunes and back in the top 100 at #97. The performance is also boosting the video which is #20 on YouTube.

13. Tea, the extended mix stays getting daily plays from me. Poor that to anyone who isn't on board with it.

14. I was wondering why Wild Side isn't my No 1 song recently as it's literally always on shuffle and then I realised it's because both the single and the extended are included my playlist - which means streams are split.

15. 8 weeks on the chart in the US and it’s holding up at no.83 which isn’t bad considering most of the top 20 this week is Drake album tracks. Hopefully see her climb again next week

not to be one of those people, but it’s been out a week longer than Camila’s song and consistently had charted higher each week

16. They really only had a week, cause MTV is trash.

sesita, PopCrushed, Dijah. and 2 others like this.
  17. It felt like she had forever to prepare this because it was so on point. Pressure, diamond, blah. She made it look perfect. A superstar. I think hers is by far my favourite performance of the night.

18. So she litreally was Lorde's replacement. A mess, she should have been one of the first performers they booked. She was a/the highlight of the show and everyone seems to agree on that.

LPT, sesita, zacagay and 12 others like this.
  19. So she attended the Met Gala last night as a guest of Valentino, alongside Giveon. And I hope that that leads to a collab between the two of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.