Normani - "Fair" + Debut Album | Page 269 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani - "Fair" + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Something has to have happened behind-the-scenes recently? She said in April that she had a solo track coming within a month... and then total radio silence? It's nearly August.

Then again, this has been the pattern literally for four years now. She teases something coming, goes quiet, we hear nothing for months, eventually get a single, and then more "the album is coming!" .... followed by more silence. It's so weird at this point.

2. It has to be about money right?

3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This isn't the Jesy thread dd.

Island, K94, Rob and 4 others like this.
  4. She either hasn’t met the financial criteria they require of her to grant her a full album campaign and the label backing for it or they’re not letting her release her album to favor another artist on the label & she’s playing nice because she’s under contract thus the collabs and the socialite style posts

5. I really don’t see how far she can still keep going unless she becomes independent.

I sense her label is now losing patience or interest in supporting or financing her unless there’s another breakout hit, but at this point, is it even worth keeping up with her?

Ferk likes this.
  6. The way Candy Paint is a fully ready to go summer smash hit and they're just....sitting on it. Like WHAT.

7. It just seems strange to me that they'd be waiting for a 'hit'... and then releasing Fair? And without a video? The label couldn't have been expecting much from that. Wild Side did incredibly well with urban and rhythmic radio, which was clearly the target for that track. It has over 120M plays on Spotify and 120M on YouTube. Motivation is at over 300M on Spotify and 165M on YouTube. And those were after two MASSIVE features already. They've had so much momentum to build on and they just keep letting it die.

8. If I was writing a thesis on what not to do when launching a popstar she would be giving me about 15 pages worth of material right now.

blaze_dave and goldfish like this.
  9. Neither of these are correct...there are a lot more layers and people/companies/teams involved with the overall dynamic/creative process/release strategy/etc. than you are taking into account.

10. I want to thank this thread for bringing Livvi "I'm not a bender" Franc back into my life.

11. Normani ...

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.49.12 PM.png

Tinashe ...

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.49.12 PM.png

Offset ...

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.49.19 PM.png

Attached Files:

12. There better be a choreo-intensive video!

slaybellz, Mr.Arroz, LPMA and 9 others like this.
  13. Finally something. I hope it’s a big success. Feels like the last few Calvin singles have underachieved?

14. She throughly deserves to win Best Choreography and Best R&B Video Wild Side the video was a masterpiece and hasn’t gotten it’s proper flowers it deserves award wise

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    slaybellz, Mr.Arroz, goldfish and 9 others like this.
  15. Well, they've all ranged from forgettable to total shit ddd. So hopefully this one is better. Her and Tinashe both deserve a huge success.

16. Is it me or does she sound odd here?

Ashling92 and sesita like this.
  17. She sounds like she's imitating SZA.

sesita likes this.
  18. It sounds better on the official TikTok sound to me compared to the Twitter audio.

19. Ugh the nostalgia these two songs give me. Being a freshman in high school and watching these videos on MTV instead of doing my homework lol

Verandi likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.