Normani - "Motivation" + Debut Album | Page 76 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani - "Motivation" + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Maybe let people be excited and call Normani a popular queen *in her own damn thread* without having to up white-passing Camila instead. “Well actually Camila has 2 #1 SMASH singles so clearly if anyone’s gonna be thee popular one it’s her.” Your post was eye roll inducing and the forum equivalent of the stan who forced Britney in the Twitter inspiration montage just a page or two back. Let us have our things.

2. I didn't say you were an idiot. That would be really rude and ableist! You said that I made you look like one, and I was just letting you know that you did that to yourself.

@Mr. Humes was sharing an anecdote, not a data-driven report on the likelihood of Normani smashing as a solo artist. It should have been taken as such, but you're clearly on some tirade about... nothing of importance. Do you harbor a lot of resentment?

Anyways, I'm just reflecting your energy, so maybe you should take a few step backs and untwist your panties if you don't like how I'm speaking to you.

Dijah., slaybellz, DMDR and 5 others like this.
  3. Nah. I love Normani and Love Lies but we don't need the cringey hyperbole trying to hype her up and act like there's a 'buzz' around her and that 'casuals' are excited for her music when really nobody outside of pop music forums and her own fanbase gives a shit (like most artists).

4. "sToP bEiNg So RuDe To Me GuYs"
    *is consistently aggressive for no real reason*

5. Normani always got the short end of the stick when she was in the group whereas Camila was probably the most popular based on social media following and such so I think we are allowed to celebrate the fact that there is interest and hype around Normani's name and music.

It really isn't that hard to understand the point @Mirwais Ahmadzaï was trying to get across.

6. I mean if you've been a Normani fan since the FH days then you'll know that there definitely is a lot of hype compared to what was ever expected from a lot of FH fans. Even after Camila first left, it felt like nobody was eyeing her up for the exciting solo career that she's now about to properly start. First of all, it's rewarding to have people online talking about her.

The people that are going to be getting her booked and promoted are hyped, which is the most important thing right now. She's in the pubic sphere as a solo artist now too, without the burden of having a Crying in the Club sized flop bringing her record down. That's the buzz she needs.

Vixen likes this.
  7. It's been a while since I've stumbled on something this cringy here outside of the Katy and Taylor threads.

Vixen and RossMusik like this.
  8. It was a simple post sharing excitement for a new artist. One who is a talented, dark-skinned girl who actually has a chance of having a big moment in her career and pop culture. There are many people who are excited for that because they like her or simply because of how rare it is and people who are excited to see the little dark skinned black girls in their lives potentially have a future pop start that looks like them to look up to. You are taking a beautiful thing and making it ugly for what? Because you couldn’t scroll past someone calling Normani a popular queen without raging inside and having to let out that problematic ass, racist commenting, professional beard Camila Cabello is truly the popular one with the bigger career.

Alexa, play GTFO by Mariah.

9. anyway, 35 more hours

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    papatrick likes this.
  10. Ssssksks, they're talking about the other person! (They made the original post about stanning a popular queen)

11. I think it's clear what I'm talking about. Are you all on the deffensive today in here? I-

TheOnlyOne likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

13. Excuse me but Camila has 2 #1 featured and payola’d smash singles so if anything is clear, it’s that she’s the popular one.

Duppe, slaybellz and Mr. Humes like this.
  14. I got confused between members dddd

superultra likes this.
  15. I strongly feel that this statement is categorically not true

16. The only sound and irrefutable thing Miss Onika Maraj has said since summer 2018.

17. [​IMG]

18. Is she #1 yet xoxo

Laurence, Mr.Arroz, nicetry and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.