Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album | Page 212 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. I know iTunes don’t mean much these days but I believe this is her first number 1 on there at least as a solo artist .

tea, ItBeats, SiduousIII and 3 others like this.
  2. I really like the song, it's giving me sexy mid-tempo R&B vibes. It doesn't really scream instant hit though, but I hope I'm wrong. The video is obviously brilliant too.

It's weird that her playlisting is so bad on YouTube and Spotify, all the big artists have that stuff on lock for their releases...is that the label not investing enough in her or am I just overthinking it, I don't know?

nooniebao likes this.
  3. Normani is such a star! The video is INCREDIBLE. She understood the assignment and then some.

The song is such a vibe as well. Whoever said that it gives them Kelela vibes is so right, she even sounds like Kelela at times!

4. I don't think it's so much that she sounds like them and more like the song sounds like it could have been released by them, which I definitely hear too.

5. The song isn't as good as the video initially makes you think it is, I have to admit. I'm no where near as excited by it when I listen to it on its own. It's a nice vibe though and I really hope it does well, because I don't want to wait 17 years for a follow up, if it isn't a hit, or whatever they expect it to be. (And I thought Motivation did really well for a proper debut, despite what her label's expectations were). I'm a little worried given her playlist support that tomorrow's numbers won't be great.

inevitable likes this.
  6. As much as we love Normani, she's not exactly a "big artist," is she? She's still a relatively new artist in her debut era.

lushLuck likes this.
  7. Ciara is a more than capable singer though. Cassie not so much, ddd.

LoveSoSoft, tea, slaybellz and 6 others like this.
  8. No she’s not, but Cardi is. And sometimes people I don’t expect end up quite high on Spotify’s playlists, which is presumably due to a label push. So I’m surprised it’s not happening here.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  9. I need a produced track from him on her album to be honest .

10. Motivation got full support on all the main playlists from day 1, I thought especially with a Cardi feature it would get the same treatment at least, but it's not the end of the world as it's hopefully added when they do their Monday updates.

An Insider and nooniebao like this.
  11. Finally trending at #1 on YouTube in the US and Canada.

Laurence, tea, slaybellz and 9 others like this.
  12. The Next Beyoncé though.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. Just read the last 6 pages and all I keep thinking of is “bland AND slutty.” Ddddd. Some thoughts should really be left in the drafts.

Anyway, I really do hope this song does something for her, because the whole package is a smash.

BTG, Trouble in Paradise and lushLuck like this.
  14. This is perfect for a night drive (confirmed). I’m so glad this is a good counterpart to “Waves”.

tea, Dijah., superultra and 11 others like this.
  15. One In A Million exists on a higher plane but Wild Side can be good too.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  16. My opinion on this remains.

You’re welcome.

17. Agreed. Had it on loop as I was cruising down the 101 last night, blasting with the windows down and woo, the soothing euphoria. Lush.

Steve003, tea, Dijah. and 9 others like this.
  18. [​IMG]

Laurence, slaybellz, Dijah. and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.