Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album | Page 213 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. It does feel like they’ve dropped this earlier than planned or that in the middle of planning the song rollout someone went “Silence I’ve heard enough” and dropped the song without having finalised the strategy.

There’s no way a Cardi ft that isn’t a favour wouldn’t have all attention on it.

Leopold likes this.
  2. I will say this type of sound works better in the context of an entire album, though. So I hope that's not too far away.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  3. Looking back at this post is so interesting now.

PopCrushed, Jamie, ysev and 4 others like this.
  4. Your original post about the song was too much so forgive us for not being shocked.

5. I can’t stop listening to this today, it’s such a tune.

6. Honestly, just hire Cardi as her manager

[​IMG]

7. RJF

RJF

I am screeching at Cardi being a more effective manager than anyone on Normani’s team. When will her talents cease?

8. The tea is Youtube's search page has been a nonsensicle mess for months and it definitely has an effect on a lot of new releases like this, so I hope Cardi single-handedly manages to get this fixed for the good of pop.

9. I can't remember which song it was (and I'm sure it's happened plenty), but this has definitely been an issue before & then manually(?) fixed for that particular track after a few days. I would assume Wild Side will get the same treatment as a high-profile release.

10. I can’t believe how many times I’ve played the song and video over the last 24 hours. I’m obsessed.

11. Google also gives a news site video first. Gloria was right when she said algorithm is gonna get you

Laurence, TRAVVV, acl and 3 others like this.
  12. No but I really haven’t taken this song and video off repeat in the 24 hours it’s been out and if it’s not been on I’ve been thinking about it or singing the song in form .

SiduousIII, FarAndBeyond and ItBeats like this.
  13. This debuts #32 on US Spotify but misses the top 50 Globally (not really a surprise). It's up to #25 on Apple Music in the US.

14. This is so cute.

Laurence, tea, Dijah. and 16 others like this.
  15. Cardi B, and the B stands for “Better than RCA.”

4Roses, Jacques, Laurence and 41 others like this.
  16. Cardi B on the RCA Zoom call after she realised that they invested 0 dollars in Spotify playlisting.

17. I worked at R** for a long time and know way too much which unfortunately needs to stay [REDACTED] but ... will be interesting to see if this track has longevity beyond the initial boom and what promo they have planned (if any).

18. From a label standpoint, what's the idea behind dropping a track & letting it freefall / flop without promo? Instantaneous hits are great but that's never a guarantee.

19. Not a fan of the song, and the feature verse - which I hoped might save it - proved disappointing.

Video is titilitatting, I guess, but I came away from it kinda sad, feeling less "empowerment" and more "now take that off, we need to get the people going" desperation vibes.

I'll be very surprised if this is a hit in any meaningful capacity.

XXX likes this.
  20. We've heard bland, slutty, desperate ... what's next from PuritanJustice? Did Goody Proctor make you do it?

FINISH LINE, 4Roses, Jacques and 40 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.