Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album | Page 214 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. It’s been a day and ive had a change of heart. This song bumps hard, it’s been stuck in my head all day

2. It's getting weird.

4Roses, Jonathan27, tea and 21 others like this.
  3. Stop speaking on Black women’s sexual expression when you aren’t qualified. It’s giving misogynoir.

4. How did anyone watch this beautiful, amazing popstar serve lewk after lewk and outrageously good choreography and come away with “slutty” or “desperate”?!

5. This just... isn't all that good. Motivation felt like a proper moment and the arrival of an artist with great potential. This gives Alina Baraz with an ~edge teas and I really like Alina.

6. *eyes emoji* Did I miss some deleted posts?

spaceship likes this.
  7. A label is only a part of the overall team...

elektroxx and spaceship like this.
  8. I think no one is ever qualified to make any remarks on others’ sexual expression. But I get what you meant there.

9. I plyed this a good 3 or 4 times today on Castelldefels beach under the most amazing blue sky and have decided it's easily the R&B track of the year. It's so smooth, sexy and effortless.

3Xs, lushLuck, spaceship and 5 others like this.
  10. Is this criticism nn?

11. Help
    Screenshot 2021-07-17 at 9.10.37 PM.png

Laurence, PopCrushed, 3Xs and 7 others like this.
  12. Not necessarily because I did mention I enjoy Alina. It's just that the song, the vocal delivery, the whole package is maybe a bit beige compared with how much personality she exuded in Motivation.

13. I don’t think it’s Normani who’s desperate here dd.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  14. Didn't she do a couple of interviews for radio or something?

[​IMG]

15. Agreed. It's definitely a grower.

nooniebao likes this.
  16. A day later and I still can't get the scene with her contorted inside a helicopter out of my head and that outfit? Excellence.

tea, papatrick, Dijah. and 5 others like this.
  17. The song and video are both great and the pearl-clutching over grown women expressing themselves in any way that could remotely be considered sexual/showing any skin at all is...strange.

4Roses, tea, slaybellz and 21 others like this.
  18. My only "issue" with the song is that it feels like it takes a weirdly long time to get to Cardi's verse, but I put that down to being conditioned by songs the length of HitClips for the last few years

TRAVVV, Almond and lushLuck like this.
  19. This plus the sliding floor scenes are my favourites. They aren't the most impressive parts of the video but there's something about her presence together with the cinematography that feels so satisfying.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    tea, Ashling92, slaybellz and 11 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.