Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album | Page 226 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. She recorded it on the one day of promo she did. It's just not out yet.

Dijah., elektroxx, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Seeing her being celebrated is just peak EVERYTHING.

3. I wonder when they'll eventually release it. Surely it should be out sooner rather than later.

4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

5. Performance coming soon I’m guessing?

6. Apple Music is the only thing keeping the single alive at this point - and it's actually doing quite well there, up to #16. It's at #130 on US Spotify despite the TTH placement, though.

aaronhansome and nooniebao like this.
  7. This being dropped almost three weeks ago and there still being no plans for a performance / any kind of promo is just ridiculous. Like, what the hell did her team / label think was gonna happen? Who is planning this shit??

tea, Ashling92, Wired Life and 13 others like this.
  8. She literally just said there's a performance coming.

Whether we believe her or not is another matter.

9. Should be clear that no one is ddddd.

Laurence, Lately, deepheat03 and 7 others like this.
  10. She’s on Apple Music Radio in 10 minutes:

lushLuck and slaybellz like this.
  11. I’m here for another collab ...give me Love Lies part 2

12. I would think knowing things are planned and realizing her mom just had her final radiation treatment would have allowed some of you to cut her some slack, especially when she only just delivered her best (and highest performing) solo package yet.

Sail On, slaybellz, Overdose and 4 others like this.
  13. Sister…people can want her (and quite frankly her team) to do better and also empathise with Normani’s personal situation. It doesn’t need to be one or the other. We don’t need to frame fans who waited two years for a single getting impatient with yet another non-existent promo cycle as not being compassionate towards Normani’s personal life.

goatface3128, Lately, tea and 10 others like this.
  14. She should just drop the album. I honestly don’t see this as a promo-sensitive kind of sound, but it’s one rooted in the audience knowing the artist. The random SZA track can smash because we already know this is the girl that gave us modern classic Ctrl, no matter what Firewall upgrade she’s installed on her computer this time so the label can’t release whatever she’s been working.

Lately and tea like this.
  15. I actually agree. Dropping the album before October and then promoting as much as possible would be the best option. She’d benefit greatly from having a body of work out ASAP. Especially since she’s hinted several times over the last couple of weeks that an album’s basically done.

tea, Mr Blonde and An Insider like this.
  16. The song disappeared from Apple Music and apparently TikTok and Tidal last night according to several people on Twitter; it's now just re-entered the top 100 on Apple Music, whereas it was at #16 yesterday.

nooniebao likes this.
  17. My original download on Apple Music kept stopping after about 15 seconds recently, maybe they had to delete to solve some technical glitch?

I don’t know if it’s RCA or her team, but I hope whoever is sabotaging her by refusing to let her step on a stage to perform this has a terrible day xx.

18. The single barely just came out, has had two weeks of charting (including entering the top 20!), and promotional content has been filmed/readied. There's literally a radio appearance on this page. All this while her mother's chemo just wrapped up and clearly something personal caused a performance delay. So... no, I really don't see the reason for more hand-wringing and complaining, especially when the jokes trickle into every other fucking thread on the forum. Let her BREATHE.

19. I was probably the only one rooting for this to happen (?) but yas:

She also confirmed she’s doing a song association video.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.