Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album | Page 240 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Honestly an iconic performance while her ex bandmate was wheeled out on life support with Shawn right after ddddd.

2. 3Xs

3Xs

Despite listening to it 100 times I honestly didn't realize how explicit this song was until this performance ddd.

All of the bleeping and the minimal live instrumental sort of lessened the excitement for me tbh. I wish they'd just cranked the bass up and had her lip the entire thing. That aside though, she ate.

3. She performed at the Savage X Fenty show that's streaming on Amazon Prime Sept 23rd.

tea, lushLuck, Dijah. and 4 others like this.
  4. Not them finally giving this the performances it’s deserved since July! Better late than never dd. And thankfully, it doesn’t look to be totally dead yet on Rhythmic and Urban radio in the US.

5. Okay but is she performing her song or.

6. Yea it actually got a great radio update today, so I hope that the forward momentum continues. I just don't want them to wait forever to drop an album.

lushLuck likes this.
  7. That performance was phenomenal. I love the live band mix too. Wouldn't be mad at them chucking it up on streaming, I hope this gets a second wind.

8. She performed her song last night, did you watch it?

R92, Mr.Arroz, Dijah. and 3 others like this.
  9. Was Teyana chewing gum?

10. Yup loved it. I’m talking about the Fenty show. Last time she danced to someone else’s track, no?

11. People are so quick to say she’s queerbaiting, but when has she ever said she is straight?

12. Yes. She was doing a lot of things with that mouth actually. Whew...

sesita, tea, Mr.Arroz and 2 others like this.
  13. She’s being billed as a performer this time whereas other celebrities like Sabrina Carpenter are only appearing at the show like Mani has in 2019 and 2020. At least, that’s how it’s being presented compared to her previous appearances so far.

14. RMK

RMK

This is a great way to silence any queerbaiting that has ever taken place.

Orange likes this.
  15. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

My heart fell out of my ass when I heard Janet's iconic giggling at the end of the performance. I love that she directly sampled "Would You Mind".

A few of you mentioned it already but the vocal track was kind of weird and it almost detracted from the performance a little for me, but otherwise she killed it as per usual. She really should've just had a headset mic though, especially with how complex her choreography is - I think the handheld mic seems to be something she's studied from Beyoncé, but her performance style is much more in line with Janet/Britney.

LPT, Blue6010, lemonsqueezyy and 25 others like this.
  16. She’s obviously immensely talented as a performer, but the performance was really let down by that vocal track.

Stopremix and stereosalt like this.
  17. She needs to call the guy that did the live tracks for Fifth Harmony, those tracks always came alive for TV slots and always played to their vocals strengths. Nobody mention oxygen tanks.

18. That was incredible! I see so much Aaliyah and Janet in the styling and choreography, I loved it all.

TEYANA coming out at the end for the striptease strapped up like Jesus!!!!!! She deserves her flowers from this industry (and everyone should listen to The Album asap). I was almost hoping they'd break into a rendition of Morning.

tea, Jonathan27, 3Xs and 5 others like this.
  19. She keeps on delivering!

TrixieVillaintina likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.