Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani - "Wild Side" + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. It's funny because I'd argue that Normani probably has the weakest voice of the five, but she usually sounds much better live than Ally or Dinah (provided she doesn't attempt anything beyond her range). I don't get it?

2. Pre-record?

3. Haha seems obvious now you've said it. There have been performances that were definitely live though - BGT springs to mind. Are we thinking that the others sing live and Normani doesn't? I know there was one occasion recently when this happened.

4. To be fair, when you've got that much star quality in a group it's going to look like you're doing the most when in actuality you're just doing your natural best in re: to 'Normani doing the most'. It's a tie between Camila and Ally in terms of doing the most with least. Perfect example would be both of them dropping to their knees during the AMA performance of That's My Girl.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Vixen likes this.
  5. I feel like all these solo threads are so pointless. You could pretty much condense all the posts from this, Lauren and Camilla's thread into the Fifth Harmony General Discussion thread. I get the fact they've done a bit of solo work - so actually, maybe the Bad Things song does deserve it's own thread since it's actually a hit - but creating a Normani and Lauren thread simply because of a feature and a cover then just using the thread to discuss Fifth Harmony and the other members seems so counter productive.

If they'd all signed solo deals or announced solo music or something then yeah, but right now having a Normani, Lauren, Camilla AND Fifth Harmony thread at the same time when nothing besides Bad Things is actually happening at the moment is a bit much.

K94 likes this.
  6. The Fifth Harmony thread will probably have to go into Comeback Corner anyway before 2017 ends.

Though am I surprised that PJ users turned a thread for Normani covering a Drake song into another round of Make Your Own Girlband Wet Dream? Nope.

7. Noir likes this.
  8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It's out

Too one-note. Her voice lacks...personality, which is strange considering how extra she made both of these.

That whistle note sounds....fairly assisted too.

Mushroom, MarlonBrando86 and Noir like this.
  9. She is doing too much on songs that are beautiful because they do the opposite of too much.

10. I agree her voice definitely lacks personality. Like I said in the other thread she sucked all the life out of those songs. It felt like a chore to listen to.

Noir and Mr.Arroz like this.
  11. Sigh. It's like she doesn't understand what makes her special - her charisma and skills as a performer. I think her dance videos a couple years ago were far more effective in piquing my interest than her singing covers of already perfect songs.

Mr.Arroz and slaybellz like this.
  12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I think she feels some personal need to prove that she can sing, not really to us, but to herself.

Vasilios and slaybellz like this.
  13. It's not like she doesn't have the resources to get into sessions with writers. Why is she wasting her time doing these covers?

14. Because she probably doesn't.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  15. I doubt a lot of younger up and coming producers and writers would turn her down if she called them up.

Aren't all the girls getting at least some form of support from LA for their solo endeavours too?

bess marvin and Vasilios like this.
  16. The Drake bit in 'Normani covers Drake track' is clickbait too.

17. Am I the only one who loved it?

18. [​IMG]

Edit - People at ATRL are saying it's Camila fans trolling ddd nevermind.

Island likes this.
  19. Fifth Harmony have to be the most ungrateful girlband of all time... they've got/had something good together and now their selling that small amount of serious success off for peanuts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.