Normani (...) | Page 153 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. I genuinely thought the stars were aligning round about the VMAs performance.

Her team should have spent the weeks/months after that capitalising on the hype with Motivation and having a quick follow up ready.

She should be everywhere by this point! Seriously, who are her team?!

Enrique Garcia and Dijah. like this.
  2. I feel like they shot the cover months ago when they thought Normani would be releasing an album and here we are fff

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  3. This is all nice and great....but sis has been recording the album for a year and half now. She needs to get the ball rolling.

4. She’s booked the magazine cover of all covers for musicians and an album is still nowhere to be seen.

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

6. Imagine how tired we are. The takeover with what?

stereosalt and Txetxu like this.
  7. You know what, if she's suddenly had the opportunity to work with someone amazing and decided to go back into the studio as a result of that, then fair enough. I don't blame her. But that doesn't mean she can't be doing something else in the meantime. A new single would be enough to reassure fans that things are moving forward. It just feels like her team are a bit lost at the moment.

8. I just don’t understand why they let Diamonds go by with zero promo. They waited almost half a year to release anything resembling a follow-up to Motivation (whose lack of promo I understand even less), and then drop this great collab and, once again, just let it sit to die.

9. tea

tea

While I agree her team needs to do better, I think with "Diamonds" specifically the blame also falls on the movie team. It sounded like they had trouble marketing the movie let alone the soundtrack.

spaceship and goatface3128 like this.
  10. [​IMG]

11. And no one on the soundtrack promoted their songs either outside of releasing a music video. I think the songs are the promo...for the movie. Not the other way around.

AlteKing, V3RYP05H, tea and 3 others like this.
  12. I’m kinda worried for her, hope she can get the ball rolling soon.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. The next single needs to be the one that launches the album.
    They really are risking her becoming over-hyped/a joke with this wait.

14. Tinashe, come get her and be indie boppers

Enrique Garcia likes this.
  15. It’s giving me shot backstage at one of their shows because Rolling Stone spent half a year’s budget on the Lizzo x LaChapelle cover

16. All those cryptic messages from her mother about someone stopping her bag leads me to believe she keeps losing all the material that she’s recorded. Would probably explain why she’s been in the studio for the past year and a half recording non-stop.

lushLuck, Butterfly and spaceship like this.
  17. Honestly, her upcoming plans have been a mess for quite a while... and still are. And let’s say ‘Motivation’ wasn’t exactly put out with the most enthusiasm either.

Hyrulian, Vixen, RainOnFire and 7 others like this.
  18. That's disappointing, but honestly not too surprising.

spaceship likes this.
  19. What did those say?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.