Normani (...) | Page 158 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Sweetner aside Pharrell makes bops so I’m here for it tbh .

spaceship likes this.
  2. I hope she smashes (doubting it now) like it’s obviously not her fault, there’s something behind the scenes stopping the rollout, but 6 month waits are unacceptable in today’s music climate. We’ve seen it ruin multiple artists careers before they’ve even begun. It’s so frustrating because she literally is bars ahead of every other fifth harmony member in terms of pop star potential. Anyways I’ll be waiting for her - just worried about her being a complete flop now. Oh and Camila remains racist trash to which Normani responded beautifully - I’m still baffled at how much support she gets whilst she parades this inclusive quirky gal persona, and the fact that she is allowed to perform at award shows etc is well, vile. Racists supporting racists I guess.

3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It's because she's white LOL

And her peddling this "misunderstood~" vibe from the beginning... it's one thing to be Taylor Swift...Kelly Clarkson...whomever. But she was a white Cuban/Mexican (probably one of the worst Latinx mixes for sheer hubris and hegemonic influence) from one of the most racially distraught/segregated places - Miami - playing the victim... with really boring, derivative bathroom demos with no identity or draw (which show that her albums really are indicative of her artistry). The group was steady doing their job - and being relatively decent ethnic women - they decided to make the group work for what it was, before realizing that they had a shitty little racist on their hands that simultaneously did this "I'm so quirky and different and unique" vibe. It's no wonder they all stopped going out of their way to mess with her. Her act was tired.

anyway

have a great day

Sugaboy, tea, Vitamin and 13 others like this.
  4. tea

tea

A great perspective.

5. This is starting to circulate on social media.

Can’t see the video in question but it’s picking up traction.

6. Is this team Camila's attempt at damage control? Not justifying what Normani (supposedly) did but the scale of Camila's, which also included Asian slurs, is far greater. This video has been around for a while too.

7. God knows. Just seen it on Twitter.

I can see her fans using it as an attempt to attack her though.

If it’s something that needs to be addressed, I’m sure she will.

8. It's not a competition...

OlliMaus and LMX like this.
  9. LMX

LMX

Has she apologised yet?

10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

These girls..

[​IMG]

11. Dinah being a Trumpster...

12. Does Normani know what's going on with her career?

Ashling92, tea, OlliMaus and 16 others like this.
  13. I saw her post another image of her in the studio again on her Instagram story some days ago.
    Is she going to become one of those girls?

14. And Lauren an anti-vaxxer.

15. Leaving the sweetheart of Fifth Harmony: Ally Brooke, who is unproblematic and the bringer of bops.

16. I've lost all hope for this unfortunately, but if she comes out with another visual as good as Motivation – or at least another single that feels like a huge statement – I feel like they could probably make up for lost time.

17. The fact that Ally, Dinah, and Lauren have been able to put out music more consistently than Normani and each develop their own sounds before her (not that it’s saying much)....like what is going ON???

18. I guess they're trying to push Normani as someone really big, so the label is waiting (and waiting. and waiting) for the perfect opportunity to strike. Labels lately have this weird strategy of waiting for a supposed perfect timing that might never arrive while instead losing all of her buzz. Lauren, Dinah and Ally are much smaller artists and have less expectations around them, so they can keep releasing music and actually hustling.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Still great and deserved more than just being thrown out randomly.

Ashling92, acl, tea and 17 others like this.
  20. This and Waves really made it feel like she was finding her own sound and then after Dancing With a Stranger took off it's like they switched course and decided to go with Ariana rejects and I don't understand why.

tea, kermit_the_frog, Dijah. and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.