Normani (...) | Page 172 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. I like that she's diffusing the criticisms with humour, but sis, pictures of you in the studio doesn't mean shit if you don't release songs. Her team needs to get fucked.

tea, Dijah., sesita and 3 others like this.
  2. Of course. Unlike some others, I do actually believe that Normani wants to be a pop star, rather than the part time model she seems to have turned into. It's almost certainly out of her hands, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

tea, bess marvin, notyourmate and 6 others like this.
  3. She’s got Rita’s career before Phoenix, but only the magazine shoots part.

sesita likes this.

4. She had a little cameo on Megan and Cardi’s new music video.

tea, stuaw, Jesus Jugs and 7 others like this.
  5. The way she’s getting clowned on twitter for this fdgkjsdnfglsdfg

tea, Overdose, PopCrushed and 8 others like this.
  6. You hate to see it ddd!

7. i can’t

8. OH MY GODDD

neinzedd and An Insider like this.
  9. It just keeps going. I feel bad :(

tea, joe_alouder, Overdose and 10 others like this.
  10. I wish these were wrong....and I wish I didn’t relate to this energy so much.

11. Not Cardi joining in

tea, PopCrushed, handhugs and 4 others like this.
  12. Why are they clowning her? She killed that!

tea, Dijah., 2014 and 8 others like this.
  13. When I saw her on the WAP video I was happy cause she killed it and she looks amazing, but also I couldn’t help but feel sad cause I genuinely don’t understand how someone with so much talent and star power releases a super hyped single and then just disappears for a year.

sesita and stuaw like this.
  14. I genuinely think that Normani’s opportunity to become a big pop girl has passed. At this point she’s what, an ex-girl group member who released a couple of successful collabs and a mildly popular solo single. I guess she might do something in the US where she seems to have a lot of good will but internationally I really doubt it. Outside of Work From Home (and maybe Worth It) Fifth Harmony weren’t particularly popular internationally so she doesn’t even really have that going for her.

15. Imagine wasting an iconic look like that on someone else’s video. Like what the fuck is she doing.

Jesus Jugs likes this.
  16. Can't she get Dua's producers and make something more along the lines of Dancing With A Stranger? Disco music, but more chill and R&B leaning, Donna Summer but make it more modern. That was a sound that worked really well for her.

OlliMaus, PopCrushed, Txetxu and 2 others like this.
  17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

A proper single can always happen to anyone. A lot of this dismissiveness is premature and also myopic of how she’s regarded with Black audiences.

tea, heavymetalGAGA, Dijah. and 23 others like this.
  18. Yeah, for many people, they have a moment where they can get big or not. I do think Normani has a bigger window available to her and she’s just one hit single from getting there as she’s obviously got the talent, it’s just a matter of everything else working out.

19. It will not work out if you release one song every 8 months though.

junkos and lushLuck like this.
  20. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

As we've seen. There's no reason to believe automatically that that's meant to be her release strategy indefinitely.

tea, Dijah., lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.