Norway: MGP 2020 | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Norway: MGP 2020

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by NecessaryVoodoo, Dec 7, 2019.

1. I am in shock of the copy-pasting from Robin's song and act, indeed

haps likes this.
  2. Can anyone 'in the know' fill me in on the scandal of 1997 that they were talking about last night?

3. Apparently the network crashed for televoting and caused some "Fullt tele-kaos"

Empty Shoebox likes this.
  4. Ugh, I don't like it when the Norwegians try to go all modern on us as everything just ends up as an inferior copy of something else. Raylee's song is such a "Replay" rip-off it shouldn't even be allowed, and while Sondrey serves a nice stylish bop with good staging Robin's been there, done that better as well.

I feel like it's best when they cook up something cool and unique that could only come from Norway (not that Keino were cool, kii). I mean, will they ever top Margaret Berger? I'm all here for there being an ethereal ice-queen serving us a big stomping electro masterpiece in one of the other semis. C'mooon.

ladylloyd and daninternational like this.
  5. «How About Mars» from next semi is a mix between Hungry Hearts’ “Laika” and Billie Eilish. It’s big, stomping and electro!

xondus likes this.
  6. Heard through the songs for the second semi, and the only one that stands out to me is "How about Mars"...The rest is really meh

7. Except shit. :( really bad lineup this week

8. On paper it sounds great, but sadly doesn't live up to expectations. I like bits of the production but the song itself just isn't good enough and falls flat. "Laika" never fails to put a smile on my face with its camp disco ridiculousness, "How About Mars" is mainly... weird. I can't see the Norwegian public taking to it either.

A very underwhelming upcoming semi, but maybe we can hope for some good staging at least...

daninternational likes this.
  9. Didrik & Emil's straight-to-the-final qualifier "Out of Air" is out:

This sounds a hell of a lot like a rip-off of something else, no? I can't work out which song it is...

ladylloyd likes this.
  10. It's like a rip off of 10 different songs...

Deepest Blue - Shooting Star
    Sweet Valley High Theme
    Sanna Nielsen - Rainbow
    Bjørn Johan Muri - Yes Man
    Shine (and more) - Take That

ladylloyd likes this.
  11. Miles better than this week's MGP songs. I wouldn't mind it going to Eurovision either.

stevo_1988 likes this.
  12. It sounds very 2009, I think. A lil bit Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown - No Air mixed with Running Scared. Norwegians are gonna love this. Unless something better comes along in the next three semis, I think this is going to be our winner.

13. Raylee... sis... that song?

14. This could be the worst song I’ve ever ever heard.

xondus and Empty Shoebox like this.
  15. Every time you see the reaction for a song go to :|, that's my doing that is.

17. A&E

A&E

Why did they have to pair up the two shit songs in a duel? I was hoping they'd both get eliminated right away.

18. Wait, so this song is about Karl Marx?

19. A&E

A&E

Noah fence but Norwegian Roger Pontare kinda snapped.

constantino and Empty Shoebox like this.
  20. It was better than I expected. I still voted for Billie Eilish though.

A&E likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.