November 2020 PJ Charts: Look at how I bodied that, ate it up and gave it back | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

November 2020 PJ Charts: Look at how I bodied that, ate it up and gave it back

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by londonrain, Nov 14, 2020.

1. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

42 points

[​IMG]
    THANK U 4 TAKING ME 2 THE DISCO | MEG MYERS

@pop3blow2 (9) @Phonetics Girl (8) @Music Is Death (6) @berserkboi (5) @Slice of Life (5) @Crisp X (4) @vague (3) @BubblegumBoy (2)

Meg Myers followed up her 2018 album Take Me To The Disco by releasing two EPs called Thank U 4 Taking Me 2 The Disco and I'd Like To Go Home Now (released as separate digital EPs and as a combined physical album called Thank U 4 Taking Me 2 The Disco, I'd Like 2 Go Home Now). We love a storyline.

Last Month: N/A
    Months on 2020 Chart: 1
    Total Charting Months: 1​

2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

49 points

[​IMG]
    SIN MIEDO (DEL AMOR Y OTROS DEMONIOS) ∞ | KALI UCHIS

@tea (10) @eccentricsimply (9) @soratami (7) @Oleander (7) @Trouble in Paradise (6) @happiestgirl (5) @Crisp X (2) @Rogue (2) @Robsolete (1)

Not me and my Geri Halliwell Spanish thinking this was called Without Honey (which would be Sin Mielo). The title actually translates to Without Fear (of Love and Other Demons), with an infinity symbol chucked on the end for no apparent reason.

Sanctuary, Cotton Park, He and 26 others like this.
  3. @londonrain I am not getting tagged enough! Did my albums all get this far perhaps?

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

57 points

[​IMG]
    WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS | STEPS

@Eric (10) @Robsolete (10) @IDontKnowHer (9) @sfmartin (9) @londonrain (8) @saviodxl (5) @Rogue (3) @OspreyQueen (3)

@Robsolete, have you shredded @2014's stan card yet? Because I think you've been given more than enough reasons to do so now.

(I do enjoy Steps' hustle in creating "Night Out" and "Night In" digital editions of this album to sell on their website that are basically the same album with different bonus tracks that aren't available on streaming. The 2020 version of releasing the same album with different covers.)

Cotton Park, soratami, Rogue and 24 others like this.
  6. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

59 points

[​IMG]
    SONGS FROM THE KITCHEN DISCO | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

@Sprockrooster (10) @Eric (8) @IDontKnowHer (7) @berserkboi (6) @Aester (6) @londonrain (6) @Untouchable Ace (5) @Robsolete (4) @BubblegumBoy (3) @soratami (2) @Music Is Death (2)

Given that Sophie Ellis-Bextor's music is a huge part of why Popjustice exists in the first place, it's kind of disappointing that her greatest-hits album (which derives its name from the "kitchen disco" shows she put on over lockdown) missed the top ten by eight points.

That album cover, though... pick one ugly background and stick to it, sis.

7. And whose fault is that? Not mine:

Y'all clearly did not deserve to hear If You Go live from the kitchen with children running around and still being snatched.

soratami, Aester, Ezz and 4 others like this.
  8. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

For a greatest-hits album, though, the rollout was exhausting. Remember the interminable wait for a tracklisting and cover and the repeated release date pushbacks? By the time it came out I was just relieved that it was finally out... so I could hear the exact same versions of songs that I already knew and loved, with a smattering of new tracks.

soratami, Aester, RUNAWAY and 7 others like this.
  9. No, I skipped the stan card and shredded @2014.

10. But who will run the Advent Calendar with @NecessaryVoodoo now?

11. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

His ghost?

[​IMG]

12. Ezz

Ezz

Definite flashbacks to the mid 00s for me this morning as I tried to remember how to upload the bonus songs to a music player and ended up with 4 duplicate versions!

13. The title track is indeed, MAGIC!

14. You're welcome!

15. I don’t know how I’m so behind in albums this month but I did love the single!

16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

But I would like @berserkboi to help me with data entry for the next charts (if he has time), so I’ll keep letting it slide.

17. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Is this so he learns what it’s like to compile charts based on people submitting wildly differing variations of the same album names?

18. I gave 3 points to this album as well! Both Meg Myers releases were November highlights.

19. [​IMG]
    Wait at this thread title!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.