Now That's What I Call Music nostalgia thread | Page 38 | The Popjustice Forum

Now That's What I Call Music nostalgia thread

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by P Grandson, Oct 12, 2017.

1. A local Oxfam has put up a huge window display of NOWs. I spied NOW20 on CD as I went past the other day and I almost skipped a heartbeat.

When I got a chance to visit the shop, I had a look at the pricetag.

£14.99.

I was so taken aback that I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

AshtrayHeart and Hairycub1969 like this.
  2. Charity does Capitalism Ryan Air style???

Eric Generic likes this.
  3. My NOWs 18 & 19 were Oxfam finds in about 2004/5. They were £3.99 each.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Eric Generic and Hairycub1969 like this.
  4. I'd have been prepared to pay anything up to a tenner, tops. Maybe someone will buy it for that price, good luck to them.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  5. Oxfam think they are so on top of the game thinking they can charge such rediculous prices. How can a compilation album that sold millions in 1991 be worthy of such a price, I paid less for a mint condition vinyl of Now 20 earlier this year.

6. 2014

2014 Moderator

I love the Now 101 cover! It's a great throwback style.

7. Some guy posted his Microsoft word album cover on the Now Facebook page and he has the exact same space ship on it! Dying!

8. It IS quite expensive, used, on the usual places (beginning with A and E) but since it was on a mounted wall display there was no way of telling if this copy was in excellent condition, with unspoiled inlays, foam inserts and discs in a good state. Even so, I don't think they should be selling at the inflated prices that are online. Someone there has obviously just googled around to see what prices are being asked, and has matched those.

9. Charity shops just match Discogs these days, without clarity of condition of sold items or any understanding whether the price offered is reasonable.Ho hum.

10. One of the Oxfams in Dublin treats 12"s and LPs equally......

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  11. If you turn NOW 101 upside down it says LOL MON.

12. If you put the discs in upside down they sound better too.

Hairycub1969, Mvnl and Booers like this.
  13. They are still releasing NOWs on disc?

14. I know it's not "Now" but has anyone else purchased the recently released triple CD "Forever 80's"?
    Great tracklisting - I know I've already got all the songs but it was an impulse buy.
    However, the edited intro to "The way it is" on CD1 is killing my OCD!

Eric Generic likes this.
  15. Reading, by any chance?

16. Wokingham....although I wonder if they've moved the stock on to Reading, as the whole lot's gone from that branch now!

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  17. Ah i used to help out in Reading, so they know the value of old Now CD's!

18. I used to go there many moons ago..I think I actually got my NOW 22 or 23 in that branch....3.99.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  19. I just got Now 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 27 on CD for £2 each from a record shop. These normally sell for a fair bit online, bargain.

20. Result!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.