Now That's What I Call Music nostalgia thread | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

Now That's What I Call Music nostalgia thread

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by P Grandson, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Wow, that is a bargain.

2. Why shouldn't they? £15 is about right for most of the fat boxes. I bet they'll sell it.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  3. I bought Now 1983-1992 in CEX in Reading a few years ago. Think they were £2.99/2 for £5. I gasped audibly when I saw them.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  4. They're free to charge whatever they like, and they may well manage to sell it for that. Good luck to them. But without being able to look at the item (as it was at the top of a window display), it wasn't possible to see the condition. Mint or close to mint for £15 might have been okay.

Rooneyboy and Hairycub1969 like this.
  5. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Eric Generic, nlgbbbblth and Daniel L like this.
  6. I only know about 5 songs on there. I am so out of touch with today's chart music.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  7. That's the only one I know and if "Mamma Mia" (The film was fun!) wasn't mentioned in the title - I wouldn't have remembered it!
    Track 29 - I didn't know my nephew had made a single!? I guess I should be the faithful Uncle and check it out!

Rooneyboy and Eric Generic like this.
  8. I don't know a single one of those tracks.

Rooneyboy and Hairycub1969 like this.
  9. I saw the new NOW album in Sainsbury’s for £13 and couldn’t resist, that’s quite good for 5 discs, considering it’s £15 on Amazon.
    It’s in a clamshell box, is this going to annoy collectors since it won’t sit well next to the rest of the collection?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Eric Generic likes this.
  10. Yes! Cue meltdown.

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  11. I posted about that a few days ago in the reissue thread, but the discussion really belongs here, so... apparently (wait for it)… Now 2 will only be a 1CD? Nothing confirmed, just saw some comments saying it would be on the official pages.

12. FUCK NO!

That's worse than just ignoring it and peddling more Disney Karaoke BBQ editions.

Hairycub1969 and phoenix123 like this.
  13. Should I cancel my pre-order then…..?

Eric Generic likes this.
  14. 30 songs on one disc isn't possible. It'll be a 2-Disc thing for sure.

There ins't a BBQ or Karaoke NOW album by the way.

Eric Generic and Hairycub1969 like this.
  15. There's a Now That's What I Call Housework.

Good grief.

Eric Generic likes this.
  16. I think the suggestion has come perhaps from the official accounts now confirming it's release on "Vinyl & CD", and not "2CD". Ergo, some people are complaining it's only one CD? Of course, 30 tracks wouldn't fit on one, but 23-24 would, so a truncated version isn't entirely out of the question, but hopefully, very unlikely!

Eric Generic and Deborah X like this.
  17. I would be surprised given the selling point is (as they see it, even if we don't) all the original tracks as compiled back then.

It's when they get to NOW 4, 5, 6 etc that things get interesting re following the vinyl vs CD original tracklistings.

Eric Generic and Hairycub1969 like this.
  18. Righ. The first one is a DVD. The second is a Video Game. The 3rd isn’t filled with Karaoke tracks, it’s the normal songs (although I see you point about how naf some of these compilations are)

phoenix123 and Eric Generic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.