Now That's What I Call Music (Nostalgia) | Page 185 | The Popjustice Forum

Now That's What I Call Music (Nostalgia)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by P Grandson, Oct 12, 2017.

1. At the end of the day, Ebony and Ivory on Now Yearbook 1982 is Macca only or Stevie W pops up anyway ?

2. NOW Yearbook 1982 has the elusive 3:48 Radio Edit of Irene Cara's Fame which is a great find as the version on every compilation on streaming is well over 5 minutes.

Hairycub1969, Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  3. I have the CD, Stevie is definitely on it, not sure why he's not credited though.

4. @Eric Generic I'm after the tracklist for now 17.5 that was posted in here about a year or go, I don't suppose you know what page this is on? Or the name of the website that posted these inbetween Now tracklists?

Eric Generic likes this.
  5. [​IMG]
    Now 1982 extra is back on 18th March. Good selection here

Hairycub1969 and idratherjack like this.
  6. Have to confess I don't know a lot of these but always nice to see The Kids From Fame. 1982 is just a bit before my time but I'm really looking forward to seeing the tracklists for the NOW Yearbook Extras for 87-89.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  7. I hadn't realised the Go Go's version of 'Our lips are sealed' was released the year before the Fun boy three version.

8. Intelligently sequenced.

Love the trio of Madness, Happy Talk and Chas N Dave to sign off CD1!

Hairycub1969 and idratherjack like this.
  9. Nice track list, I'm also a bit unfamiliar with the less usual tracks from 1982, are there any tracks you'd say deserve a spot on this release but haven't due to licensing issues etc?

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  10. Yazoo are the obvious omission - Don't Go.

No Phil Collins either (You Can't Hurry Love would have been nice) - he hasn't appeared on the Yearbook series at all. Thought Against All Odds would have been on 1984.

Hairycub1969 and AshtrayHeart like this.
  11. I suppose You Can't Hurry Love is sort of borderline 1982/83.

AshtrayHeart and Hairycub1969 like this.
  12. Run to the hills - Iron Maiden (it was their biggest hit!)

AshtrayHeart and Eric Generic like this.
  13. Mickey by Toni Basil is quite the omission.

14. I have been looking at the timings on the forthcoming Now 82 Extra and both Japan tracks look to be the proper single mixes, but once again Night Train is not in it's single mix.I haven't yet timed the rest against their single mixes but will do so soon. Those for me were the most important ones.

15. Very hard to find the single mix of Visage's "Night Train" and if I remember correctly it was the last straw for Midge Ure - he left the band shortly after its release!

16. Did he take the bus?

burntoutcar, CDMCLP and Hairycub1969 like this.
  17. I was today years old when I found out Midge Ure was in Visage?

So he was in Visage first then joined Ultravox and was in both at the same time for a bit before leaving Visage?

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  18. He tried, but they were all stood still.

19. Just as well he nipped next door to catch the Eurostar... "ah! Vienna".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.