Now That's What I Call Music (Nostalgia) | Page 197 | The Popjustice Forum

Now That's What I Call Music (Nostalgia)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by P Grandson, Oct 12, 2017.

1. I agree, I recollect 1980 being a better year than that.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  2. Hopefully we'll get 1985 in like October at this rate, but if it turns out to be 1979 instead I'm sure there'll be trouble amongst the fan base.

3. I really don't think the NOW brand should be doing the 70s. I won't be buying it anyway. I'd much rather get 1985-1989, then ideally they would move into the 90s.

4. Nothing on the 1980 set to get me excited...I must have all of those songs several times over. Even the design lacks inspiration (plain white? really?).

Plus of course the best single of 1980 isn't there. Ashes To Ashes.

Blaahh, AshtrayHeart and idratherjack like this.
  5. Hate to be the one to break it to you, but the first two albums are owned wholly and completely by Parlophone and they can exploit the repertoire as they wish without artist/management sign-off. Everything after is owned by Kate/Fish People under license to Parlophone and it all requires approval (and frequently doesn't get it).

dangeleyes and Hairycub1969 like this.
  6. So Fish People have approved the use of singles/tracks from the 3rd album here, which is a start at least.

7. Or, the more likely explanation, that I meant today first THREE albums instead of first two. My error.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  8. She did appear on the Re-Release of NOW 6, so it could be possible she makes again.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  9. Completely possible. The distinction I'm trying to make is this. As a compiler of compilations at EMI back in the day, if I entered "Wuthering Heights" (for example) into the global clearances system, it was marked as "Approved" the second the request was submitted, because it is owned and controlled completely by the label. Whereas "Running Up That Hill" would sit marked as "Pending" - sometimes for months - because it isn't owned by the label and usually ended up being marked "Denied". One of these requests passes in front of Kate Bush's eyes (or whoever looks after that for her) and she doesn't even get a say in the other.

Hairycub1969, Spiral and Eric Generic like this.
  10. Gotcha.

11. My apologies - a grey moment (they could have also put "Modern Girl" on there as well!)

12. Hopefully on the Extra addition!

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

If they can get the rights it will probably be on Now 112 now

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  14. dangeleyes likes this.
  15. N12.jpg
    Out July 29.
    Phil Collins' In the air tonight ('88 remix) is missing.

16. Heart, back, back, BACK!!!

17. I'm glad NOW 12 is coming out in July, it's such a summery album. My second favourite volume after NOW 11. Disc 2 in particular is poptastic!

dangeleyes and Hairycub1969 like this.
  18. NOW 12's one of my favourite designs...along with NOW 15.

19. (Doesn't the Timelords feature G*** G******? Or was that only for promo/TV purposes?)

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  20. The run on disc 2 from Sabrina up to Jermaine Stewart really is summery 80s pop perfection.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.