Now That's What I Call Music (Nostalgia) | Page 208 | The Popjustice Forum

Now That's What I Call Music (Nostalgia)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by P Grandson, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Last Christmas being the first track is correct.

Many thanks for the streams.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  2. Tragedy?!

When will this be recognised for the classic it is

Eric Generic and Vasilios like this.
  3. The 12" mix of Do They Know It's Christmas? is brilliant and rarely compiled.
    I have it on the Band Aid Special CD

The selection of December hits was done a couple of years ago on Christmastime

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  4. I’ve never seen this and given the very very time specific short lived artists involved I was having difficulty placing the year it might have been so had to look it up. Christmas 95, so East 17, Michelle Gayle and Deuce had gone off the boil since the year before, Peter Andre and Backstreet Boys hadn’t even had a hit and the inclusion of wilderness years Dannii Minogue looking like she was in her 97 comeback was random.

Not surprised I don’t remember it.

5. …. Also is that Chaka Demus (or Pliers)? They may aswell have got Jazzie P.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  6. Do you mean the rapper? CJ Lewis

7. One of my favourite Mixcloud Users/Compilers has started creating Hits/Now Playlists - hopefully these links will work for you - enjoy!

8. Even less successful no wonder I didn’t know who it was!

9. I only have it on a Duran bootleg, bizarre it’s never escaped the vault until now!

10. Another vinyl only release ?
    Now That's What I call Rock out: Nov 11
    NR1.jpg
    NR.jpg
    Enjoy a stellar selection of legendary Rock anthems across 41 tracks on 3 LPs with NOW That’s What I Call Rock from the defining artists of the genre.

Kicking off with Queen’s ‘We Will Rock You’, followed by 80s smashes from Def Leppard and Bon Jovi, with the remainder of the side bringing classic 70s rock from Deep Purple, Status Quo, Free, and the sing-along classic ‘Sweet Home Alabama’. On the other side, it’s timeless hits from Paul McCartney & Wings, Elton John, and Thin Lizzy, plus 70s Rock rebels; The Runaways with their raucous ‘Cherry Bomb’.

LP 2 begins with a belter - Meat Loaf’s enduring Rock Opera ‘Bat Out Of Hell’, featured here in its full length 9 minute-plus version - followed by masterworks from Emerson, Lake & Palmer and Electric Light Orchestra. Side B is full of the finest Pop Rock from U2, ZZ Top, and the universally loved smashes, ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ and ‘The Final Countdown’. Ram Jam’s iconic ‘Black Betty’ rounds off this side.

The final LP begins with the perfect pairing of Fleetwood Mac’s Folk Rock ‘Don't Stop’ and Journey’s ‘Don't Stop Believin'’. Blue Öyster Cult’s ‘(Don't Fear) The Reaper’ is here in its full-length version, alongside Boston’s ‘More Than A Feeling’… and the final side is a roll call of legends with era-defining tracks from The Rolling Stones, The Who, Motörhead, Judas Priest and Alice Cooper, before signing off with two iconic voices – Cher, and Bonnie Tyler with the epic Rock Ballad ‘Total Eclipse Of The Heart’.

Don’t miss out on this perfect gifting opportunity (or a treat for yourself!) - NOW That’s What I Call Rock.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

You don’t say..

Hairycub1969, burntoutcar and Blaahh like this.
  12. Uncall it

Eric Generic and Mvnl like this.
  13. Were there any wrong mixes on the recent Now 10, 11 and 12 reissues? Somebody on Discogs mentions wrong mixes on Now 10, but they don't care to elaborate...

14. A quick check of NOW 10 on discogs (as I didn't buy the new CD version) suggests that only Sugar Mice isn't the "correct" version. They've used the 5.46 album mix, not the 5.03 single edit. But there could be 1 or 2 other, subtler, discrepancies.

vivalaradio likes this.
  15. Hmm original 1987 NOW 10 has the long album mix of Sugar Mice as well. So I don't think there are any glaring mistakes on the reissue.

16. Another generic 80s Now collection... They're becoming a bit too many for my tastes... I would have liked a 90s more.
    Now Massive 80s party. Out Nov 11
    NMP.jpg

17. But why buy any of these? I get that the yearbooks have nice collectable value, but what's the value of these, other than to people who don't do digital at all?

burntoutcar and Eric Generic like this.
  18. Just what I needed - another 80s compilation featuring Relax, Take On Me and Don't You Want Me!

Eric Generic, Rooneyboy and Mvnl like this.
  19. True NOWs are apparently selling at an all time low so instead they keep churning these out to appease....
    ...I don't know who exactly.

Eric Generic likes this.
  20. Magpies

Eric Generic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.