O.J.: Made in America | The Popjustice Forum

O.J.: Made in America

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by torontodj, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Did anyone watch this? It was on American sports channel ESPN.

I must say, this is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. It's not simply about the O.J. Simpson trial but it's about America, race, class, domestic violence and the rise of celebrity culture and 24/7 news mania.

I followed the trial but this documentary shed a whole new light on the dynamics of the trial. I highly recommend it.

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  2. Can't wait to watch this.

3. FUCK THIS IS SO GOOD.

I'm so obsessed right now. Watching episode 4 at the moment. I've been recommending it to literally anyone who walks in front of me.

torontodj likes this.
  4. They screened this at Hot Docs (a documentary film festival) here in Toronto. I really wanted to see it but the thought of committing myself for 10 (!) hours seemed too much of a commitment. Yet you are RIGHT - this is so good and I wish I had watched it in one block. I was absolutely riveted; it really is an experience (also, there was a Q&A with Gil Garcetti following the screening) which would have been amazing to watch).

aaronhansome likes this.
  5. Viceland (US) is showing the entire OJ: Made In America series on January 1st. Some things really do live up to the hype, people. Set those DVRs.

torontodj likes this.
  6. I think besides Moonlight, it was the best movie I saw during 2016.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.