Older albums you're loving today. | Page 102 | The Popjustice Forum

Older albums you're loving today.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Vasilios, Jan 1, 2018.

1. I've got all the Blondie remasters, the singles boxset with the replica sleeves, and god knows how many comps.

I am sure I can live without any of these new things.

2. I agree, like EG I have all the albums and several comps so I do want the 3CD set but not at £35-40, seems to be a £25-30 set for me so I will wait. I am not convinced its limited, as why would you work on it for years and not release it a decent enough run? I'm going to wait to see if it reduces in price.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  3. I will prob bite the Blondie CD Boxset because I only own the Japanese reissues of Parallel Lines, Eat to the Beat and Autoamerican so I would finally be hearing the earlier albums/The Hunter for the first time.

Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  4. I am in the same boat. The box set looks nice but I have a lot of the stuff already so I don’t think I really need it. Now that you mention it, Blondie has actually been treated pretty well as far as reissues/archive material goes.

The singles set you mentioned is actually really nice with the Parallel Lines art design.

I also recommend the Blondie at the BBC set.

I also like the Blondie Atomic Very Best of Blondie with the bonus disc.

Parallel Lines will always be my favourite Blondie album. It’s one of those albums that could act as a greatest hits collection because every song is top-notch. 11:59 is a standout.

5. I've been loving some 80's Lou Reed lately. The 'Legendary Hearts' and 'New Sensations' albums especially.

Eric Generic likes this.
  6. I mean, this is a trilogy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I remember when a friend of mine told me a guy he was dating introduced him to Grace Jones' music.

Needless to say, my friend seemed more interested in Jone's discography than the date...

[​IMG]

8. Every so often I just need it to be 2009 again, that year was really special to me, and although there are plenty of albums released that year that I adore and they all take me back, nothing quite does it like Ladyhawke.
    (I know it was released in 2008 but I didn’t discover it until early 2009), it was the soundtrack of my year, a great album from start to finish.
    upload_2022-6-16_20-41-14.png

soratami, clowezra, Wishlight and 5 others like this.
  9. Modern classic. Loved this album and all the singles!

10. It really is great!

Eric Generic likes this.
  11. Agreed. Only thing is that I feel it’s been a slight downward trajectory for her since… it remains the only album of hers I return to

12. [​IMG]
    This gem from 37 years ago. But with a fresh twist.

I've resequenced the running order to something I feel works a bit better. Was never truly happy with the original.

13. Listening to Bowie's Ziggy Stardust album for the first time right now

ModeRed likes this.
  14. Put this on today while I logged into work. A timeless classic. Terribly underrated songstress, sorely missed.

torontodj and Eric Generic like this.
  15. As 1980s albums go this is very listenable. I'd love a reissue with all the remixes attached, but I doubt it'll happen.

16. A 30th anniversary (well, 31st) came out earlier this year with a few bonus tracks. I still need to listen to it.

17. Her best album for me. So many great 80s bops.

mguyb likes this.
  18. [​IMG]
    (And all the singles, mixes etc as well).

Wishlight, Humanracin, Burzum and 5 others like this.
  19. Stone cold classic. The 12" of Safe From Harm is phenomenal.

Eric Generic likes this.
  20. 1991 Blue Lines
    1994 Protection
    1998 Mezzanine
    A great trio of 90's Albums!

Wishlight, Humanracin, Burzum and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.