Older albums you're loving today. | Page 105 | The Popjustice Forum

Older albums you're loving today.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Vasilios, Jan 1, 2018.

1. System 7 - System 7
    Art Of Noise - The Ambient Collection
    The KLF - The White Room OST

1991/92 ahoy!!

2. This afternoon’s every decade obsession, the magnificent KLFs, Kylie Said to Jason. How this wasn’t number one in 1989 is beyond me. I know we are all pop cultured people here but if you’ve never heard it, think SAW vs PSB. United, United….

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    lisaj, sinner, trussy74 and 5 others like this.
  3. [​IMG]

I have been replaying this one for the whole summer. One of my favorite albums ever. How I miss the good old days.

AshtrayHeart, Wishlight and lutz like this.
  4. Today’s fave is brought to you by the number 1990 and the letters B, O and P.

[​IMG]

Cf. Sydney Youngblood Feeling Free; Lisa Stansfield Affection; and Stakka Bo Supermarket.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  5. Just realised, 32 years on, what's going on with that picture.

Hairycub1969 and burntoutcar like this.
  6. I think as a youngster (well, 13) I used to conflate Londonbeat with London Boys.

7. 30 years today of the original Kylie Greatest Hits from 1992 everyone! Blasting it out this very second:
    [​IMG]

Txetxu, OceanBlue, Mvnl and 8 others like this.
  8. Still timeless after all these years. When Thousands Are Sailing came on, I literally got chills.

9. 'Ghosts' gets all the love but, for me, the real masterpiece...

[​IMG]

10. [​IMG]
    Been trying to get this on CD for years, and finally succeeded.

God damn, the bops!

Quirky, spooky synth heaven.

Merc Man has the keyboard riff from heaven.

Txetxu, Blaahh and Vasilios like this.
  11. I have dived down a Living In A Box hole today, criminally underrated band (though lyrics werent their forte!). Very much enjoying both Living In A Box and Gatecrashing albums but they never chose the right singles for me. Unique would have been a top tenner, especially with the mix by Mr Max Hardfilling ;)

Still awaiting Mr Vero's reissues as there are several mixes to be hoovered up (Living In A Box - PWL Mix; Scales Of Justice - Vocal Mix, Groove Mix; So The Story Goes - Dub Mix; Love Is The Art - Art; Unique - PWL Mix).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  12. To commemorate its 40th anniversary.

[​IMG]

This album manages to sound better everytime I listen to it, her best english album for me now after several years of giving 'Shine' the honor.

13. Phil Collins' drumming is excellent on it!

diegolcl likes this.

14. That was a classic, that was a classic.

15. [​IMG]

SO me! Love the early 90s House/R&B/Soul vibe on it.

16. The return of Shania has really got me into Up! Sometimes a bit overlooked compared to the iconic Come On Over. What A Way To Wanna Be!, She’s Not Just A Pretty Face, Up!, I’m Gonna Getcha Good!, Ka-Ching!, Forever and For Always - all 10s. Phew, that was a lot of “!”s.

tylerc and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.