Older albums you're loving today. | Page 25 | The Popjustice Forum

Older albums you're loving today.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Vasilios, Jan 1, 2018.

1. I'm listening to All Saint's "Saints and Sinners" and "Studio 1", the Orbit songs are amazing.
    Also "In Blue" and "Borrowed heaven" by The Corrs.
    And last but no least S Club's "Seeing Double" ( I was never a fan of them but this album is the perfect balance between 2000s pop and a more mature sound).

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    tylerc904 likes this.
  2. Take note whoever-owns-the-Scriti-catalogue, there's a market waiting for this stuff.

Two guaranteed purchases already...a few more and we'll have a Top 10 entry next week.

3. I've been listening to a lot of INXS lately - "The Swing" and "Listen like thieves" albums in particular!

dancevision and Eric Generic like this.
  4. I only got into Scritti fairly recently (I should have got into them after I saw them supporting Saint Etienne really) and this compilation is just brilliant. They're a band right up my street and they really should get mentioned more. Their music is pure pop and somehow rather timeless. I can't think of much else from the 80s that sounds like their stuff.

The lockdown has given me a nice excuse to to not only dig through my archives but investigate artists I've just never investigated before. I'm very into Sparks right now and I've rediscovered the 2007 Stuart Price-produced Seal album (it turns out that I'm not such a fan of the rest of his stuff though).

5. [​IMG]

God, I love New Jack Swing music so much. La Reid and Babyface managed to temporarily halt Ms Easton's declining music career with this record too.

6. That is such a masterpiece of an album, it’s untrue.

enjoy and Maki like this.
  7. [​IMG]

I will forever adore this one

8. I love everything about this record.

WhatKindOfKylie? and Gnuh Gnuh like this.
  9. Me too. Other great production from Prince and Jellybean as well.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  10. Placebo's Without You I'm Nothing. Becoming a born-again Placebo fan was not the flex I was expecting this week.

enjoy and Eric Generic like this.
  11. Me too.

I absolutely loved the Babyface versus Teddy Riley Instagram special a few weeks ago. Personally, Babyface was already the winner for me. The last few weeks I've been playing a lot of his productions and co-productions with L.A. Reid. So many great songs and albums. The Lover in Me is definitely one of their best.

Toni Braxton's first album. Whew.

Gnuh Gnuh and The_Rani like this.
  12. Perfect listening for surreal sunny days.

Pristine almost clinical production, a 70s supermodel turned chanteuse, obtuse lyrics in her own made up Zazu language .......’keenovay’ anyone? And she gets the credit for Steely Dan working together again.
    [​IMG]

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  13. "Magic smile" is bliss!

Eric Generic likes this.
  14. I bought Magic smile but kept getting copies that jumped relentlessly and each time I returned it the same thing happened so I gave up on it. These kids who go on about 'vinyl is so cool' will never understand the struggle!

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  15. [​IMG]

9 solid tracks, including 2 all time classic singles and a further 2 hugely underrated anthems about social injustice. To think, only their 2nd album too.

16. [​IMG]

Results by Liza!

17. I got it for 50p in Beggars Banquet, Kingston Upon Thames, before it made the chart. I guess they didn't think it was going to be a hit.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  18. A&M vinyl was rubbish. Had the same with Suzanne Vega's debut.

19. This explains why my copy of Janet Jackson's Control was rubbish. It was the last vinyl I bought in the '80s and I vowed to move to cassettes - and I did.

20. Fabulous!!

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.