Older albums you're loving today. | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Older albums you're loving today.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Vasilios, Jan 1, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

90's R&B Diva masterpiece.

Island, Lapras and Vasilios like this.
  2. Thanks to @aquaplex This.

The key change towards the middle 8 with the adlibs. Devine.

3. So much amazing music.

[​IMG]

I put this on last night and it woke me up. Classic!

4. Madonna’s ‘Confessions...’!

5. [​IMG]
    Delving into Elton's 70s albums really is a treat.

6. Iconic.

WhipperSnapper likes this.
  7. It is! I did the same about a year ago, when I started my (still unfinished) mega Elton anthology project and realised I hardly had any of the 70s albums. Honky Chateau's brilliant, such wonderful musicianship and production.

Cotton Park and rawkey like this.
  8. I am loving discovering an artist that I've [generally] overlooked for years. I have bought a LOT of his albums recently so there is still quite a bit to get through (but no hurry)!

Cotton Park and Eric Generic like this.
  9. Blue Moves, from 1976, is another really good one; it wasn't a major success at the time but became quite acclaimed for a while before disappearing into the wilderness of his vast catalogue again.

Cotton Park and rawkey like this.
  10. Is it bad.. some of these that people are posting I don't even think of as an 'older' album.

11. I bought Blue Moves last weekend. Only listened to it once so far, as Honky Chateau demanded repeat plays - and I like it when that happens with an album that is new to me.

Eric Generic likes this.
  12. The interesting thing with Elton John, at least up until 1978 or so, is that his albums didn't tend to have many singles on them (due to his contract with DJM that stipulated that he must churn out a certain amount of new albums *and* singles every year) so you get more unheard or less well-known tracks on all the albums, rather than 4 or 5 hits and some filler.

13. Just can't imagine [m]any acts doing that these days... Prince probably wanted to in the 80s only to be told no!

Eric Generic likes this.
  14. download (1).jpeg download.jpeg
    Seamless mix of soul, rockabilly, blues, and pop... and... well... Chris Fucking Isaak....

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Eric Generic likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

Love this album Miss Norwood needs to hook up with Timbaland again.

TRAVVV and Eric Generic like this.
  16. [​IMG]

The late and always great, Whitney and her final hurrah.

WhipperSnapper likes this.
  17. There's a bar in Manchester and on the brandy page they have a picture of Brandys album. Genius.

TRAVVV and Eric Generic like this.
  18. This is one of those albums that I had, loved, but completely lost, no idea what happened to it. Remember it being all killer no filler though (maybe because of the number of singles released before it's release)

19. It's sensational from first to last. It's strange, to say the least, that I can't find the album on any major streaming services. Apple Music does have her greatest hits, but it's not the same.

Pop Gaz likes this.
  20. [​IMG]

Still just as good, a near 15 (!) years on for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.