Older albums you're loving today. | Page 84 | The Popjustice Forum

Older albums you're loving today.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Vasilios, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Indigo Girls 4.5 collection.

Forgot how many great songs they have.

upload_2021-10-17_11-12-14.jpeg

ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  2. P!nk’s M!ssundaztood (except for fucking “Family Portrait”, still awful) and Janet’s All For You are A LOT better than I thought they were 20 years ago. I have the first pressing of the P!nk album with the original version of “Misery” and the superior tracklist.

3. [​IMG]

I didn't even realise a whole Phil Oakey and Georgio Moroder album existed until I found this CD in a charity shop last year. It's only about 32 minutes long but it's as mid 80s-sounding as I expected with stereotypical synth sounds, samples and some borderline Hi-NRG moments. And unsurprisingly 'Together in Electric Dreams' is included!

4. Goodbye bad times
    Be my lover now

Are also good

Wishlight, CDMCLP and Eric Generic like this.
  5. I never know which thread to put these playlists in - Robert has done another Shep Pettibone 12 inch special - you'll have to listen to it to find out who's on it! But it's all from the 1980's - yeah!

Eric Generic likes this.

6. It's officially freezing cold and definitely autumn so it's time for listening to this and walking around looking sultry pretending to be in the Everything is Embarrassing video.

7. Bop after bop

8. Damn right! One of my best discoveries of the last few years.

Vasilios likes this.
  9. I discovered it on my locals bargain bin I think around 1989 and fell in love with it? What a collection of catchy, well-crafted songs eh? Though mine has the better cover.

I was reminded of it after seeing Mitsou guest on Canada's Drag Race. Upon checking her discography I noticed track 1 on this and went 'wait!!'

And it was a cover of that.

10. Yeah I have the dark blue sleeve (I did a blog piece on it about a year ago). Not sure if it was here (PJOPS maybe?), but I heard July 5th and absolutely had to have the album. It bombed completely here in the UK (apparently a Feb/March 1988 release), and I'd never even heard of it.

11. [​IMG]

Gorge!

She got a summer single that wasn't on the album from the SHAG movie OST, Surrender.
    That was after two singles off the album and then another three singles followed.

Four of those having the same b-side called 'B Side Myself Over You'... Cyndi Lauper was shaking.

Hairycub1969, lob0to and Eric Generic like this.
  12. [​IMG]

Thanks to the expanded 2006 re issue finally going up on streaming!

shuper007, LightYears, tylerc and 2 others like this.
  13. Wait, there was a reissue? My introduction to that masterpiece was a second-hand cassette in the early 90s.

14. WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  15. idratherjack likes this.
  16. lob0to likes this.
  17. [​IMG]
    Sheena Easton - My Cherie
    A lovely accompaniment to some Christmas shopping... Flower in the Rain is my favourite and I forgot that Sheena co-wrote it.

I also noticed that the MCA Greatest Hits and 'Best Ballads' are now on Streaming which include tracks from the Japan-only albums - not seen these online before.

18. Thanks for the heads up, was never aware. Nice to see an MCA Greatest Hits especially.

idratherjack likes this.
  19. I think both compilations were Japan-only too so I was surprised to see them on Amazon Music tonight. I knew I wouldn't be the only one pleased to see them.

IEngineered and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.