Older albums you're loving today. | Page 96 | The Popjustice Forum

Older albums you're loving today.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Vasilios, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Those sales too of that album, wow.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  2. Eurythmics Greatest Hits is definitely one of the best greatest hits albums of all time. No filler. No drop in quality. I wonder what it would have been like if they had added a new song or two which was popular at the time (ie. Madonna).

3. Yes, about 10 weeks at #1 I think? It was HUGE. One of the most anticipated Greatest Hits of the time.

Amazingly, it did so with only some low-key remixes to promote it.

4. It is missing Beethoven (I Love To Listen To) though

5. Can't scare the horses.

Vasilios and Hairycub1969 like this.
  6. And The King And Queen Of America. And fucking Shame?!

There wasn’t even any filler in the stuff they left off!

7. Which was just plain wrong. Like it ending with I Need A Man though. One of their most epic and underrated moments. And that single art:
    [​IMG]

Epic.

8. From one classic Diva to another, am today enjoying the 80s comeback era of the one and only Aretha:
    [​IMG]

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  9. Oh is this a CD release, or playlist artwork?

10. Is an digital only album (I believe so anyway!)-came out last year. Very good set too.

Eric Generic likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

I can never decide if this or White on Blonde is their Magnum opus. I think this might just edge it for me.

12. ModeRed and IEngineered like this.
  13. Eric Generic likes this.
  14. ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  15. I'm the same, @IEngineered - once I get in the mood for some PG, it can last a while, and I wonder why I don't listen to his music (even) more than I do.

IEngineered likes this.
  16. My introduction to Laura Branigan. Of course, I’ve heard Gloria and Self Control, but never knew who she was. Produced by David Kershenbaum (who also produced Tracy Chapman’s debut among others), this is by no means a perfect album. But it contains some of her best work, including Cry Wolf by Jude Johnstone, which remains a criminally underrated gem. Her version of Power Of Love, however, is probably best forgotten…

17. Touch is a great album. Shattered Glass, Spirit of Love, Cry Wolf all amazing.

idratherjack and IEngineered like this.
  18. Touch is my favourite Laura Branigan album - Shattered Glass should have smashed, Cry Wolf is an epic power ballad, Name Game is bonkers but fun and Spirit of Love is one of the great lost singles of the 80s for me

[​IMG]

19. I still think Self Control is Laura's best album, but Touch is probably my second favourite. I wore the tape out in 1987/88. I agree about Spirit of Love. Great track, as is Meaning of the Word. Synthy perfection.

Shattered Glass is definitely one of SAW's best productions. Too bad we never got a full-on Another Place and Time for Laura.

20. Meaning of the word showcases her voice really well. She’s got a beautiful voice and didn’t have to belt (although she can).

torontodj likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.