Older albums you're loving today. | Page 97 | The Popjustice Forum

Older albums you're loving today.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Vasilios, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Very true. I think that's why her version of The Power of Love hasn't aged well for me. Too screechy, and I think Jennifer's more restrained version works better and remains my favourite.

IEngineered likes this.

2. White Heat by Dusty Springfield which I had never listened to before. Not sure why I chose it but according to Facebook it would have been her birthday today; what a coincidence. A great choice!

3. If you're a fan of Laura Branigan's early 80s stuff, I highly recommend Melissa Manchester's material from the same time. When veteran MOR artists released synthpop material, the results were often surprisingly excellent. The albums Mathematics and Emergency are particularly good.

idratherjack likes this.
  4. The video isn't showing but I'm assuming it's Energy?

Amazing song! I waited years for Mathematics to be released on CD just to own it.

Tchelitchew likes this.
  5. Had never heard either of these before and I am bopping
    [​IMG]

6. If you like those, get a load of this

Barbra goes pop! Massively underrated track from 1984 with the Pointer Sisters on backing vocals.

The_Rani likes this.
  7. It was the song "No One Can Love You More Than Me" from Emergency. Mathematics is also an amazing album, and she looks stunning on both covers! I recently got the two-disc "MCA Years" reissue.

idratherjack likes this.
  8. I love dancey-poppy Melissa/Blossom's Mom! I love her theme from Thief of Hearts. And You Should Hear How She Talks About You. Funny that she hated that song at first and then it became a pop smash and won her a Grammy.

Tchelitchew likes this.
  9. I’m loving Older at the moment.

burntoutcar and Tchelitchew like this.
  10. An obvious one. I found myself humming a Belinda tube out of the blue. Itch, hence, must be scratched. What a gloriously European album. And the throw everything at the wall mad genius level remix of (We Want) The Same Thing. A true pleasure, if slightly guilty.

11. Nothing guilty about that! One of the best singles runs of all time.

I've been listening to these Belinda bops a lot lately

12. [​IMG]
    In advance of its 13th birthday, and a 4-disc Super deluxe that I'm putting together.

Island, tylerc, ModeRed and 2 others like this.
  13. I’m here for this!

Eric Generic likes this.
  14. Been putting the tracklisting together (in iTunes), but need to dig out all the actual CD-singles, maxis and promos I've got for the ultimate sound quality.

It really is such a perfect pop album. I actually prefer the 2nd half these days, rather than all the singles.

15. Hands is so unbelievably good. The bonus tracks too (Not Now is a career high, Catch 22 and Magical are top notch).

I even love all the unreleased tracks she included on the deluxe edition, I just wish she had included Little Black Dress.

The title track remains the worst thing she's ever released of course.

Island, andru, Txetxu and 2 others like this.
  16. Agree 100% with this.

tylerc likes this.
  17. [​IMG]

Ahhh forgot how good this was.

18. Will have to see what I have once you’ve pulled list together. At the time I went on a bit of a collectors binge trying to pick up all the sources of extra tracks n mixes. Still wish we’d gotten full release of that ‘lost’ album

Eric Generic likes this.
  19. Not Now is by far the quality zenith of a career full of them. What. A. Song.

tylerc and Eric Generic like this.
  20. Once again, am enjoying the amazing early 90s pop delights of this:
    [​IMG]

Such an underrated record and one that sounds PERFECT on a nice sunny day too.

unnameable, Daniel L, tylerc and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.