Older albums you're loving today. | Page 98 | The Popjustice Forum

Older albums you're loving today.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Vasilios, Jan 1, 2018.

1. This is a sneakily strong album. Some of the singles (Rush Rush, Will You Marry Me, and Blowing Kisses) rank among my least favorites actually, though I do like them. For me it's all about Promise of a New Day, Vibeology, Rock House, U, and Alright Tonight.

2. I think I even prefer it to Forever Your Girl, despite THAT singles run. Only Will You Marry Me, spoils the flow of Spellbound in my view.

3. Really enjoying the Bright Lights, Big City soundtrack - Prince, New Order, Depeche Mode, Bryan Ferry, Donald Fagen - but the standout is Jennifer Hall’s Ice Cream Days. Still a stunning track.

4. Hell yeah.

Hairycub1969, torontodj and Rooneyboy like this.
  5. One of the first soundtracks I bought.

6. I can't believe the movie and soundtrack are almost 35 years old. I watched the movie last night and it still holds up. Of course, the soundtrack will never go out of style. So good.

7. [​IMG]

In honour of my Record Store Day 2022 purchase of this on vinyl, giving this a stream. Easily one of the strongest first decades of an artist's career of all time.

8. It's coming...

[​IMG]

ModeRed likes this.
  9. The album covers thread reminded me of this little gem, so I'm currently on a Tanita Tikaram binge:

Only artist I can think of whose songs are all either 9-10/10 or... 3/10. Like, she's either brilliant or purposefully tedious to listen to, ACROSS her discography. There's no nuance.

burntoutcar, Eric Generic and lob0to like this.
  10. I do love Rush Rush but I agree about your favourites. Rock House and Alright, Tonight are very underrated. Alright, Tonight is such a great song. I think Paula gives one of her best vocals - no small feat considering it's a John Prine song!

tylerc likes this.
  11. This is top–tier Tanita.

What is the covers thread please?

adayasatiger likes this.
  12. ModeRed and burntoutcar like this.
  13. Thanks!

adayasatiger likes this.
  14. RUSH RUSH SLANDER!!

trussy74, Island, tylerc and 2 others like this.
  15. Rush Rush, is one of the best pop ballads ever for me.

Eric Generic likes this.
  16. It's cute but bottom half of her original singles run to me.

My Love Is For Real
    Straight Up
    Forever Your Girl
    Crazy Cool
    Vibeology
    Ain't Never Gonna Give You Up
    The Promise of a New Day
    Opposites Attract
    Cold Hearted
    Knocked Out
    Rush Rush
    (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
    Will You Marry Me?
    Blowing Kisses in the Wind

17. It's a bit bottomy, is it?

burntoutcar and tylerc like this.
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

And I'm a bit bottomy, Pete!

burntoutcar and Eric Generic like this.
  19. Full teaser for my Hands SDE. Need to double-check for more mixes, I'm sure there's a Wideboys mix that isn't in my iTunes (and thus needs to be added to this):

[​IMG]

Runawaywithme and ModeRed like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.