Older albums you're loving today. | Page 99 | The Popjustice Forum

Older albums you're loving today.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Vasilios, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Probably too much watching Greatest 80s videos tv but today is the Capitol doubleheader of Heart’s finest AOR, being 1985’s eponymous album and 1987’s Bad Animals. Is there a better song for crying, playing air guitar, rocking out too than Alone?

2. My favourite Suzanne Vega album. A truly spectacular set of songs.

Txetxu, Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  3. Coming up for its 30 this year, can you believe.

IEngineered likes this.
  4. I always loved the sheer audacity of even her Live Lounge contribution being a bop. I've tagged it as a Remedy b-side all these years.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  5. Listening to Oleta Adams' Circle of One. The vocals and production remain stunning. It's a shame here follow-up albums were not as strong.

IEngineered and Eric Generic like this.
  6. I've been digitising my old 1993 charts, and Evolution's just debuted in the UK at #10. I must give that album another chance.

IEngineered likes this.
  7. Waiting for it now…

did ‘Better’ from Electronic Beats Compilation drift too close to Nocturnes era? (Think it was 2011?)

Eric Generic likes this.
  8. I was leaning towards the Nocturnes era for that, but I might do a bit more research and see if I can add any other stragglers and non-LP stuff. I swear there was a full/longer Wideboys remix somewhere.

ModeRed likes this.
  9. Had a look on Discogs and there’s a 6 minute Remedy (Wideboys Stadium Club Mix)?

Eric Generic likes this.
  10. Mitchell Froom’s production still sounds fresh. Blood Makes Noise - timeless. Industrial folk.

Eric Generic likes this.
  11. That figures! It must be on one of the many Remedy CDs I have.I just didn't rip it to iTunes in 2009.

ModeRed likes this.
  12. I’ve similar issues knowing which mixes I have of that era

Eric Generic likes this.
  13. As I'm doing a couple of days at the office (no, the real one - not my dining room table!) for the first time since February - I picked out a few CDs for my long car journeys to the office:

Pet Shop Boys - Pop Art Mix (Triple CD)
    Heaven 17 - Penthouse and Pavement (2006 Re-issue with extra tracks)
    INXS - Listen like thieves

Three different Artists but all of them great!

14. My screengrab slightly messed up the tracklisting for CD2, the remix disc, chopping off the bottom...

CD2 REMIXES

01 REMEDY
    WIDE BOYS STADIUM RADIO EDIT
    02 NEW IN TOWN
    FRED FALKE REMIX
    03 MEDDLE
    TENORI-ON VERSION
    04 STUCK ON REPEAT
    FAKE BLOOD REMIX
    05 REMEDY
    STONEMASONS CLUB REMIX
    06 NEW IN TOWN
    BIMBO JONES REMIX
    07 REMEDY
    DISCO BLOODBATH REMIX
    08 MEDDLE
    DESIGNER DRUGS 80s COKE JAM REMIX
    09 NEW IN TOWN
    ALEX KAPRANOS REMIX
    10 REMEDY
    CRAZY COUSINZ REMIX
    11 NEW IN TOWN
    ADVANCE VERSION
    12 REMEDY
    RUSKO'S BIG TRAINERS REMIX
    13 NEW IN TOWN
    THE DEATH SET REMIX

..I'll search out that full Wide Boys mix, and probably drop the "advance" version of New In Town, which I don't think was wildly different.

IEngineered and ModeRed like this.
  15. FINALLY ON SPOTTY FRY

The greatest.

16. Oooh I never had you down as an Edie stan! Nice.

Vasilios likes this.
  17. Been on a Delays binge of late (and as a result overworking the postal service with all those CD singles I never acquired at the time) but this album continues to delight
    9C3F4D06-B996-423F-9D9D-DA0E2336B96B.jpeg

Eric Generic likes this.
  18. We had this CD at a bar I was working on as a DJ and it wasn't really a CD we used (The Commitments OST on the other hand... shudders) so when I left to do my military service I snatched it dd.

19. Aretha Franklin's Who's Zoomin' Who - so many bops! Love "Until You Say You Love Me". Starts off like a Prince track.

20. Total taste right here! One of the best albums by any female artist ever. A mini greatest hits I'd say so too.

torontodj likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.