Olivia Holt - General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Olivia Holt - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RMK, Apr 8, 2017.

1. RMK

RMK

I looked up her name and found that she's been mentioned in threads, but doesn't have her own. Her single "History" has been within the Top 200 of Spotify for months and they are finally pushing it to radio.

[​IMG]
    Her 5-track debut EP, featuring the single 'History'.

--
    Generous new single out now.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  2. Wasn't she the one who did Phoenix? History's good though.

3. She features on this most basic of bops by 'MYBADD,' a new act who curiously has fewer than 100 followers across Twitter, Instagram and Facebook...

4. RMK

RMK

Yeah. Personally I think History's her best and all her other music is a bit different.

5. I discovered History today and I'm obsessed. Her EP is quite good as well, but Phoenix is awful! That was my only taster of her prior to today and I wasn't even remotely interested based on it. Then History came on shuffle on Spotify and I've been listening to it all day. Her vocals on the chorus of Thin Air are incredible, and actually remind me of Selena, same with her "it's what you love, what you love" on What You Love reminds me of Bridgit Mendler.

A great mix of my two favourite Disney girls. Between Olivia and Sabrina Carpenter, I'm here for this new generation of Disney girls.

RMK and Diet Pop! like this.
  6. RMK

RMK

They did her wrong in the end though. The song had so many chances to do well but they waited so long. This screams streaming/commerical ad HIT.

7. I am properly obsessed with History. One of my favourite tracks so far this year. She's got promise!

RMK likes this.

RMK likes this.
  9. History popped up when I was on Spotify today & it's quite the bop.
    [​IMG]

FrankOnline88 and RMK like this.
  10. RMK

RMK

Single is out.

It sounds very Hands To Myself -ish production wise.

FrankOnline88 and iheartpoptarts like this.
  11. I thought of "She’s Kinda Hot" by 5 Seconds Of Summer.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  12. Except a lot boppier. Let me just say that so Disney pop stans will actually listen to it.

I like this a lot.

13. For those without Spotify access:

It's pretty good. I think it'll grow on me.

lushLuck and backstreetjoe like this.
  14. It's a Julia Michaels rip-off but I'm bopping.

15. The video:

Super cute, and the song has grown on me tremendously. A really fucking good bop.

16. RMK

RMK

Okay, the video reminds me of Hands To Myself too. I see you, Hollywood Records.

rubirubi likes this.
  17. Generous is AMAZING.

18. History and Generous is a wonderful duo of singles. Ready for more.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Noir likes this.
  19. lushLuck, RMK and sexercise like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.