Olivia Newton John

She was sensational in every way. On a personal note, my Mum had a couple of stays at her cancer research clinic (it's enormous and attached to a major public hospital here in Melbourne) and it was by far the loveliest hospital/similar facility I have ever stepped foot in. More akin to a medical sanctuary. What a legacy.

I literally gasped at the news of the passing of the legend that is ONJ.
She was a positive force who will always be a pioneer in music and philanthropy.
Sad time in Australian music with the passing of Olivia and Judith. Two women who helped lead the charge for Australian music to be shared to the world.
Love and Light, RIP Legend.

Last edited:
I was reflecting last night and remembered how at her book signing, while it was standard to be told no personal dedications and no photos, she did both for everyone there. I think she was underrated in the UK, I saw her perform in 2013, it was in Cardiff arena but they brought the seating forward as it hadn't sold well, she put on a great show, even sang Long Live Love!

Going to listen to a lot of Olivia today. First up was the Making A Good Thing Better album. There’s a relaxed, summery feel to that album. I knew this was coming so there’s a sense of relief today that she’s no longer suffering.

She really and truly was such an icon and a pioneer for modern day female artists and women, period. The biggest female artist in the world day I say it in the late 70s to at least the mid 80s. Yet, somehow, never seems to get enough credit for it.

This is what strikes me the most as someone unfamiliar with Olivia's work and reading up on her. For 1981 the Physical era seemed to set the modern blueprint for pop girls but I've never seen anyone talk about this. I notice the album didn't have a large string of singles which would later define the memorable "big eras" especially in the 80s so maybe that's why.

This is what strikes me the most as someone unfamiliar with Olivia's work and reading up on her. For 1981 the Physical era seemed to set the modern blueprint for pop girls but I've never seen anyone talk about this. I notice the album didn't have a large string of singles which would later define the memorable "big eras" especially in the 80s so maybe that's why.
Yes, it had only 3 singles with Make A Move On Me and Landslide being the 2nd and 3rd releases and having alternate success depending on the country. Both great songs and single choices. The Physical video album is the lasting legacy though and well worth a watch. Very much of it's time. But before music videos were really even a thing on the cusp of the MTV age.

Last edited:
I hope they put the remix EP for I Need Love on streaming, I'd say it's her most underrated song

Yup, this is the one I've been binge streaming since I've heard the sad news last night.
The lyrics might seem a little cringe on paper but her sincere emotion running through them all show off a side to the words that I can completely agree and get on board with. Wonderful track sung by a wonderful being. RIP
Love the Deep Dub Version too