Olivia Newton John

I think things have changed now. Vinny Vero was behind those initial releases, but he’s not part of the team anymore.
Shame too. He seemed to have a major respect for Olivia's legacy. Still, at least we are getting re issues in various forms. Mad to think as recent as 2020, there was almost zilch of her work to stream and download, never mind in new physical formats to purchase! Madness.

Shame too. He seemed to have a major respect for Olivia's legacy. Still, at least we are getting re issues in various forms. Mad to think as recent as 2020, there was almost zilch of her work to stream and download, never mind in new physical formats to purchase! Madness.
Yes, things are better now. Nearly all her albums are on streaming services and if you go to a record shop, there’s a nice selection of her CDs and LPs there.

@Tommy Johnson, what’s the remastering like on the new Totally Hot? Any wrong channels or compression or anything?

I listened to the Festival one the other day, and even then it was MP3s from the CD downloaded into my iTunes, but I thought it sounded great. I’ve seen some criticism of the Festival remasters but they’ve always sounded excellent to me.

@Tommy Johnson, what’s the remastering like on the new Totally Hot? Any wrong channels or compression or anything?

I listened to the Festival one the other day, and even then it was MP3s from the CD downloaded into my iTunes, but I thought it sounded great. I’ve seen some criticism of the Festival remasters but they’ve always sounded excellent to me.
It’s the loudest version I’ve heard. DR6 is the average.

Was there much a deal made of Olivia going more pop with Totally Hot at the time?
Not sure there was. It just seemed like a natural extension of her work in Grease. Her album cover outfit for Totally Hot was clearly a nod to Sandy2, and A Little More Love was written by her regular songwriter John Farrar, who was responsible for both You’re The One That I Want and Hopelessly Devoted To You. I don’t think she could really have gone back to her pre-Grease image.

Looking at her discography, Totally Hot appears to be her biggest selling studio album up to that point. Although it “only” reached number 30 in the UK, this was much better than any of her studio albums prior.

In terms of singles, although she’d had quite a few hits in the early 70s, when she was living in the UK, A Little More Love looks to have been her biggest hit that wasn’t from a film (reaching number 4). Deeper Than The Night didn’t do so well (no. 64) and the title track didn’t chart.

Not sure there was. It just seemed like a natural extension of her work in Grease. Her album cover outfit for Totally Hot was clearly a nod to Sandy2, and A Little More Love was written by her regular songwriter John Farrar, who was responsible for both You’re The One That I Want and Hopelessly Devoted To You. I don’t think she could really have gone back to her pre-Grease image.

Looking at her discography, Totally Hot appears to be her biggest selling studio album up to that point. Although it “only” reached number 30 in the UK, this was much better than any of her studio albums prior.

In terms of singles, although she’d had quite a few hits in the early 70s, when she was living in the UK, A Little More Love looks to have been her biggest hit that wasn’t from a film (reaching number 4). Deeper Than The Night didn’t do so well (no. 64) and the title track didn’t chart.
Cool to know, and yes, post, Grease she could never go back to what she was doing before. Totally Hot, made perfect sense in that respect if nothing too drastic.

This is the US edition of the new Totally Hot CD. It has the correct black ‘Olivia‘ writing, but misses off the red border on the front cover! The new vinyl version has it though.

Its not the end of the world, but doesn’t anything get checked anymore?!

Someone also thought it a wheeze to place the hype sticker at the same angle as the background of the sleeve photo.

Not sure if people are aware but I’ve had 2 Olivia Vinyl in my basket (oh shush) because they are nicely reduced.

Greatest Hits Double Vinyl (1977 rerelease) currently £16.70 https://amzn.to/3MKZowf

Physical Vinyl in a replica gatefold sleeve with a poster, which is beyond camp - currently £13.99
https://amzn.to/49Fq4Zp
Good prices for vinyl.

i think the first duets album is reduced for Black Friday too.