Olivia Newton John

I have this CD. It is indeed official but yeah, the artwork looks terrible. There were several more albums released in this series and the artwork on all of them looked like bad scans.

Thank you - it's honestly probably the worst quality I've seen on a release that actually turned out to be genuine.

Yes, it’s legit. They tried a bit harder with that one too. There’s a lyric booklet and extra pictures!

Worst one in the series is Come On Over where Olivia looks like a corpse washed up in the sea.

Thanks - yeah it was only the lyric booklet that made me think it might be real; if it wasn't for that I would have just assumed it was definitely a fake!

That Come On Over cover is so bad, such a great picture to start with as well. It's like they faxed the 12" cover, then photocopied that...at least the CD is fine to listen to I suppose.

Thanks again!

Thank you - it's honestly probably the worst quality I've seen on a release that actually turned out to be genuine.

Thanks - yeah it was only the lyric booklet that made me think it might be real; if it wasn't for that I would have just assumed it was definitely a fake!

That Come On Over cover is so bad, such a great picture to start with as well. It's like they faxed the 12" cover, then photocopied that...at least the CD is fine to listen to I suppose.

Thanks again!
Yeah, the Festival CDs mostly sound OK. Artwork wise, the best ones are Don’t Stop Believin’, Clearly Love, Totally Hot and the 1972 Olivia album.

Watching Eurovision 1974 on BBC Four… Olivia looked great (not sure about the dress - certainly stood out though) and David Vine said in his commentary at the end that she sold it well but…

It was an awful song. And to be fair, Olivia all but said it herself. I know it’s on The Definitive Collection but otherwise it’s rightly been written out of her recording history. Its accompanying album is saved by I Honestly Love You and her cover of God Only Knows, though Angel Eyes (her preferred Eurovision choice) is OK.

I actually really like "Long Live Love" - as it was on Eurovision before I was born, I didn't realise it was a Eurovision song but in the 90s I got an LP which had this on it, and I've loved it since.

Long Live Love was certainly one of the worst U.K. Eurovision entries of the 70s. I mean, Eurovision songs all had a style of their own, but LLL was particularly weak.

I did like some of them. Mary Hopkin, Clodagh Rodgers, New Seekers, Cliff, Lynsey De Paul/Mike Moran...Even Brotherhood of Man, as corny as it was is a great Eurovision song.

But Olivia’s 6 songs weren’t very strong, and none of them would have topped ABBA.

Angel Eyes ended up as the B-side to Long Live Love. It was apparently her favourite of the songs, but as pleasant as it is, I wonder if she’d have recorded it if she hadn’t had to…

I like how it seems to be a pattern that many a UK entry didn't like their Eurovision choices. Not always fair, but Olivia was certainly on the mark in this case.

I'm watching '74 contest now and... yeah. I always had this confused with Sandie Shaw's Long Live Love, probs because of the Eurovision connection.

At least Liv looked amazing in that blue Victorian ghost costume thing and sang well.

I have to say that I never liked Long Live Love. Angel Eyes is really nice though and I remember her talking out how she liked that song but could not even remember the name of the track she went to Eurovision with.

I'm watching '74 contest now and... yeah. I always had this confused with Sandie Shaw's Long Live Love, probs because of the Eurovision connection.

At least Liv looked amazing in that blue Victorian ghost costume thing and sang well.
If she’d have sung Sandie‘s Long Live Love, she‘d have had a better chance of winning!

I have to say that I never liked Long Live Love. Angel Eyes is really nice though and I remember her talking out how she liked that song but could not even remember the name of the track she went to Eurovision with.
The weird thing about Eurovision is that Olivia was picked for the contest in 1973 when her fortunes were fading in the U.K.

While she was working on recording the songs, doing promotion and eventually performing LLL at the contest in April 1974, her career had taken off in America. 2 top 10 hits in 6 months and a #1 single and album by the end of ‘74.

U.K. Eurovision acts in the 70s were generally MOR entertainers for whom the hits had started to dry up. I’m guessing if the offer had happened a year later Olivia would have happily turned it down. She wouldn’t have needed it then.

HMV's online sale has these Livvy CDs and vinyls in their 50% off offer (use code DEAL50 to get 50% off these prices)

Totally Hot-£3.49
Greatest Hits Volume 2-£12.99 (the vinyl version is £19.99)
If Not For You-£7.99
Just The Two Of Us:The Duets Collection Volume 1-£7.99 (the vinyl version is £19.99)
Greatest Hits:45th anniversary deluxe edition vinyl version-£19.99

HMV's online sale has these Livvy CDs and vinyls in their 50% off offer (use code DEAL50 to get 50% off these prices)

Totally Hot-£3.49
If Not For You-£7.99
Just The Two Of Us:The Duets Collection Volume 1-£7.99 (the vinyl version is £19.99)
Great prices.

Amazon actually have the GHV2 CD for £5.34 though. An amazing price considering it was nearly £20 when first released.

Totally Hot-£3.49
If Not For You-£7.99
Totally Hot ended up costing me £1.75 from HMV, which felt a bit insane by today's standards.

Also got the deluxe If Not For You for £3.99, probably won't play it much but it's beautifully presented.