Olivia Newton John

I lament the old HMV website (before they went under the first time). In the days when releases were on Mondays, HMV would often deliver on the preceding Saturday. I got Kate Bush’s 50 Words For Snow that way (among many other releases) and it was so nice to have it two days before it was officially out!

There is definitely something about actually getting it from a shop though. I’m planning on getting the yellow vinyl with alternate cover artwork of ABBA Voyage (and probably the CD with the same artwork as well) on the day from my local HMV.

I lament the old HMV website (before they went under the first time). In the days when releases were on Mondays, HMV would often deliver on the preceding Saturday. I got Kate Bush’s 50 Words For Snow that way (among many other releases) and it was so nice to have it two days before it was officially out!

There is definitely something about actually getting it from a shop though. I’m planning on getting the yellow vinyl with alternate cover artwork of ABBA Voyage (and probably the CD with the same artwork as well).
Me too. They were great days. Usually cheaper than Amazon too.

They're not even trying to compete....on new stuff, back catalogue, DVD, Blu-Ray...anything. It's not just a quid here and there, it's ridiculously higher prices.
I’ve not been in for a couple of years. I remember visiting in 2017 and actually buying a few things. A couple of them were cheaper than Amazon for some reason!

My last visit would have been Jan/Feb 2019. Back then the store prices were starting to get a bit silly...27.99 for things that were 18.99 on amazon, etc. But they weren't as bad as they are now. I'd like to support them more, and use amazon less. But it doesn't make financial sense to do that.

I’ve preordered from Amazon, but I quite fancy a run out to HMV on the day to pick it up in person.

Mind you, the last time I checked, HMV didn’t have it up for sale so it might be a wasted journey!

Edit. HMV do have it up for preorder now. It’s £38!

HMV have dropped the price to £29.99 (it's £27.75 at Amazon)