Olivia O'Brien - Empty | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Olivia O'Brien - Empty

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

The voiceover at the end of purpleworld sis...

Someone distort it and make her sound like GFOTY, please.

2. Was It Even Real? is honestly AMAZING for a debut album. On first listen the only thing that felt off was the voiceover at the end of purpleworld, but I think I'm warming up to it; It's just kinda jarring at first, but I think it's really pretty!

3. She should honestly be really proud of the record! It is a rock solid debut, especially considering how poor new artists firsts are these days; you can very clearly hear the work she’s put into honing her sound.

It’s on trend but not passé; the song writing is personal but still relatable; her whole sound and aesthetic have arisen so organically. ‘Inhibitions’ is my favorite of the unheard songs, what an absolute gem. The singles are still excellent too. From corny to really something special, good for her!

chaychay7 likes this.

4. Almost in Love is amazing.

5. Sis not letting this not become a hit without a fight ddd.

soratami, Diet Pop! and nooniebao like this.
  6. I listened to this like a year late, but Call Me!, UDK and Inhibitions? Muffy sis, the sad girl pop excellence

chaychay7 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.