Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS (spilled)

I'd just go with All American Bitch as the next single at this point. All the ballads are too weak. The Grudge could probably be an easy phoned-in hit for her but it's nothing she hasn't done before. It's funny that she's only pushing the upbeat songs... Why not just do that for a full album, then? All American Bitch, Bad Idea Right, Vampire, Homeschooled Girl, Get Him Back, Love Is Embarrassing, and Pretty Isn't Pretty are all exhilarating in their own ways. I'm still mixed on this album as a whole since the slower songs drag it down for me so much compared to SOUR, but the overall package has grown on me slightly.

Maybe this is the album she needs to do before she feels comfortable stepping fully out of her comfort zone. It's clear she's having a blast performing the rock-leaning songs everywhere, and she's been praised by critics for them (to the point where they all seemingly ignore the 5 ballads?!). She should just... go for it completely next time.

She's performing at the Grammys. Let's hope they've done the right thing and selected Love Is Embarrassing as the 4th single and she's performing it. We do not need her to perform Vampire again.

Pretty Isn't Pretty for 5th single.

Also so disappointing to think that Get Him Back! would probably have cracked the top 10 if she had just made a strong story driven video instead of essentially a commercial for iPhone 15.

He/Him
If they want the next single to make an impact, she should pick a ballad as the 4th single. There's no point in going with another uptempo song if the most commercial two of the album failed to make a connection with the audience and her ballads (up to this point) are still very well received - happier just reached 1B streams on Spotify and it wasn't even a single.

I would go with "making the bed" and move on to the next era.

If they want the next single to make an impact, she should pick a ballad as the 4th single. There's no point in going with another uptempo song if the most commercial two of the album failed to make a connection with the audience

Come again? How did Bad Idea and Get Him Back fail to connect with audiences? The former was a top 10 hit on the Hot 100 for multiple weeks and has over 300 million streams, and the latter was a top 10 airplay hit. They did fine.

Why are you comparing streams for a song thats been out for nearly 3 years to ones that have been out for 4 months?

He/Him
Come again? How did Bad Idea and Get Him Back fail to connect with audiences? The former was a top 10 hit on the Hot 100 for multiple weeks and has over 300 million streams, and the latter was a top 10 airplay hit. They did fine.

Why are you comparing streams for a song thats been out for nearly 3 years to ones that have been out for 4 months?
If we're comparing "bad idea, right?" and "get him back!" with Olivia's own work (as we should), they're not "good 4 u" or even "deja vu" in terms of commercial success, so I think it's natural for her team to want her to have those numbers again.

If she were to finish the era with a ballad, I’d just bite the bullet and choose The Grudge. It’s the best one the album has to offer, and the “Is this about a boy or TAYLOR SWIFT???” discourse would help, of course. The nice thing about it is that it’s self-aware in all its melodrama. Then she can fully move on heading into the 3rd album.

(All that to say I don’t think she wants to release The Grudge and draw more attention to *that* situation. So I’d be happy with Love Is Embarrassing, too.)

she/her
The ballads are definitely weaker on Guts compared to Sour so I can see why's picked up-tempo singles so far.

Making the Bed is probably the only decent ballad worth releasing. But I'd rather she release Pretty Isn't Pretty, which is mid-tempo and gorgeous.

Releasing the 4 physical exclusive bonus tracks on streaming and pushing one of them as a single would make a lot of sense commercially (assuming there is a single contender among them, I still haven’t actually heard them nn).
Just attach ballad of a homeschoold girl there, release it as single and call it a day.

She/Her/Queen
Anyone knows how much was the original price for Floor Standing for the tour? I'm considering just biting the bullet and get a Viagogo ticket for one of the Amsterdam dates and would like to know....