Olivia Rodrigo - *O*R (Debut Album & Singles) | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

Olivia Rodrigo - *O*R (Debut Album & Singles)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nooniebao, Jan 8, 2021.

1. tea

tea

I was not anticipating such strong alt-rock influence. That Glee lyric would make me hate a song in any other circumstance but this SLAPS. Are we on the cusp of a rock revival?

HairBodyFace likes this.
  2. I'm loving Deja Vu, I like it even more than Drivers Licence. It reminds of 00's alternative hits.

Blond likes this.
  3. RJF

RJF

I wish this track picked up faster. The drums need to come in earlier.

Bobbyrae and Subwaykid like this.
  4. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Okay but Driver’s License + Deja Vu live would go off a bit in a crowd. Hope album release week is led by a punchier third single that brings the whole thing home.

Aidan and Jamie like this.
  5. The whole thing is you said you love the beach you’re such a damn liar to a distracting degree but honestly? You can’t go wrong with Miss Ella if you’re looking for a part of the very recent past to repackage as nostalgia. This has clicked with me more than driver’s license ever did - it’s not groundbreaking but it’s nice.

6. "watching reruns of Glee.."

[​IMG]

sesita, Conor, mayhuee and 29 others like this.
  7. This had me looking back in the thread to see what criticism she’s been receiving and... it’s really just an absence of people gushing over her. I’m not seeing much nitpicking at all?

I’m sure if the album is great (and given what we’ve seen so far, there’s a good chance it will be) then PJ will come running.

8. Yep, I totally agree. What an overreaction. She’s only just put her second song out...people are allowed to be unsure of her at the present time. Like you said, the album might win everyone over.

9. This is no 27 in the U.K. midweeks. It’s slowly climbing up U.K. Spotify (currently no 26) but it’s obviously not going to get anywhere near the success of Drivers Licence.

10. I had a proper listen and hun, this is No Surprises?

...unless Radiohead's daughter is a stan, in that case all good.

tea likes this.

11. Another hit in the bag.

12. Now predicted to debut at #9 with driver's license holding at #5. If they release one more single before the album next month she could be looking at some massive numbers.

aniraz, Gabeee9292, Blond and 9 others like this.
  13. The videos of her and Conan listening to Taylor or so cute.

Crisp X, Subwaykid and Music Is Death like this.
  15. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Phew

Lost In Japan., aux, Sam and 2 others like this.
  16. This sort of makes me believe the rumor that’s it’s actually called SOUR and it’s just showing as *O*R for now as a cute little hint and a play on her initials.

nooniebao, Subspace88, aux and 2 others like this.
  17. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

This was a nice watch, and she’s never actually seen an episode of Glee? Let me stan a bit harder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.