Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR | The Popjustice Forum

Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nooniebao, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Debut single by the 17 year-old Disney Channel star. Very Taylor/Lorde inspired sound. The song was co-written and produced by Daniel Nigro (Conan Gray, Caroline Polachek, Empress Of.)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  2. Wait at that bridge serving Perfect Places peak desperate longing. The song is excellence, thank you for the tag sis!

@RainOnFire get into this I think you'll love it!

3. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The bridge is straight out of the Lorde songbook, I'm absolutely shook at how she managed to capture the feeling without it being a direct rip-off. This is so good!

(Maybe even more shocking is the fact that a Disney artist was allowed to drop an f-bomb in her song fff)

4. Oh wow I love this! VERY Lorde, and I'm a fan of anything with lush harmonies like that.

Coolrockgirl and nooniebao like this.
  5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Whew thanks! This sounds huge.

6. I really like this but wish she'd drop the "bananis and avocadis" inflection. Its really prominent in the opening but thankfully drops out as the song goes on.

7. If I didn't see her, I'd think this was a Birdy song?

it's a great one tho! And the bridge... goosebumps, bih

basil, Kyle., BritPopLover and 4 others like this.
  8. I am so happy to see her having success. I loved her songs on the High School Musical show. Especially Out of the Old (stream on Spotify)

9. I've just listened to this and it's gorgeous? Echoing the love for that massive bridge. I can...actually hear the Grey's Anatomy music supervisor running to get the rights for the show.

10. #5 on US Spotify too.

11. Yeah, these are insane first day numbers for a debut single.

12. What kind of The Way serve.

The song is pretty redundant in terms of being a "sad teen pop" ballad, but her voice is incredible. She seems promising.

13. The melodies in this are incredible and the fact that her voice is great and can carry through them perfectly well damn. Interesting girl!

14. She’s #1 on the Apple Music chart now in the US. This is kind of insane? I knew she had a following but I had no idea her debut would do this well.

nooniebao likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.