Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum

Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nooniebao, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

2. Binch has good reception on the beach, doesn't she?

This song definitely cements her lane of "Lorde but with actual vocals." But I love it.

3. Yeah I really like this. She really knows her way around a bridge huh? Then again, I guess I should expect nothing less from a Taylor/Lorde stan. Good on them for not wasting her momentum and actually getting an album out in a reasonable amount of time

4. Do YOU get deja vu when she's with yOoOoUuu?

[​IMG]

jawow_ and ALEX like this.
  5. Now why did I read that as you censoring two letters of a four-letter title and thinking........ "...POOR"?

6. Oh deja vu is great.

I'm...intrigued by how the album is going to come together because both songs feel very Taylor x Lorde mashup (the last stretch of deja vu is serving strong Cruel Summer bridge while the first half leans into Lorde vocals) but I still think she's able to make them distinct enough by her own strengths.

7. Through the first chorus I was thinking it was maybe a bit too similar to Driver's License but it picked up from there, and I really liked the video. I don't think this will be nearly as big as Driver's License (although I could be wrong) but I still think that doing a quick follow up and getting the album out is the right move to avoid being boxed in as a potential one-hit wonder.

8. Wait I thought she was censoring two letters almost as a surprise but her fucking initials are OR so I guess I’m the one who’s POOR dddd.

9. I definitely prefer this to driver's license.

tea likes this.
  10. The lyrics are a bit more of the same ol' but both the production and vocal delivery more than make up for that so I'm good.

Lately likes this.
  11. It really does sound quite similar to driver’s licence melodically, I almost started singing over it in a couple places on first listen.

12. I like it, another great bridge.

I cackled at this earlier though:

13. Why did they drop this at this time though? I mean she doesn't really need this to be another huge hit but not looking forward for this to debuting at #99 in the Hot 100.

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This is really great - she's carving an easy niche for herself already huh??

MacH, tea and Sail On like this.
  15. I like this more than Driver's License. That said, it's all still very Lorde-influenced and doesn't sound like it would be a massive hit or anything. Curious to see how it will do, though I'm sure it will do fine based on hype alone.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  16. K94

K94

It's nice but yeah - she's a bit too much in Lorde's business.

4Roses, Wishlight, Mr Blonde and 4 others like this.
  17. If she never plans on coming back from Antarctica than someone has to pick up the mantle.

18. Not another Sabrina takedown

Wishlight and Mr Blonde like this.
  19. RMK

RMK

I actually thought it was a bit of a by-the-numbers type of second single, and isn't better than drivers license?

20. This is so, so good. But yes, it’s very Lorde with a tinge of Sigrid.

Felp likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.