Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR | Page 67 | The Popjustice Forum

Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nooniebao, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Also…. Dad

Jwentz, drewsky, Wishlight and 9 others like this.
  2. Am I the only one that really doesn’t like the album cover for Sour? I don’t know why but it makes me itchy.

Yuri, Florencia. and heavymetalGAGA like this.
  3. Traitor is next. The song will be massive, already a top ten.

TrixieVillaintina and blaze_dave like this.

4. See you in court dad

5. brutal sounds absolutely massive on Apple Music now.

6. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

The fact I can finally hear the whispered outro now.

boombazookajoe likes this.
  7. Just having a listen through the album. She’s really great!

I definitely feel what most people are saying, about how it’s hard to really connect with the music due to its target audience, which is absolutely fine - I can imagine I’d have got my life to this in my teens. This will definitely soundtrack the year for a lot of teenagers.

Everything is so well crafted and she’s a great songwriter - you can definitely hear the Lorde and Taylor Swift influences. It feels crazy to me that two artists I grew up with in my teens are now inspiring the next generation of artists.

Happy for the good sis though and perched for what she does next. She’s so talented.

Also, I love ‘Happier’.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  8. Today is all about that part in deja vu where she sings "Now I bet you even tell her how you love her, in between the chorus and the verse", and then whispers "I love you" in between the chorus and that verse.

9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

'GOD, it's brutal out here' is in my head ALL THE TIME.

10. This verse is always so good...

11. Me too! As a 32 year old man, I feel like I say it way too much. I do like to throw in a "Goddamn" occasionally to switch it up.

NotAPassenger, An Insider and 2014 like this.
  12. I am obsessed with good 4 you. Obsessed I tell ya.

13. Three songs in the UK top 5 this week. She's unstoppable.

14. The 1,2,3,4 punch of Drivers License, Deja Vu, Good 4 U, Traitor, woah, other girls can only wish.

15. The way she yells the bridge and last chorus in Favourite Crime. 11/10 tingz

[​IMG]

16. This album proved to have legs, surprisingly. I am enjoying the baby’s first Fiona Apple delights of jealousy, jealousy daily.

17. The staying power this album's having is insane. 9 out of 11 songs still in the top 20 of Spotify US. Also this:

18. The best song on the album.

Wishlight, Mr Blonde and enjoy like this.
  19. I want to get “Who am i if not exploited?” tattooed on my forehead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.