Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR | Page 68 | The Popjustice Forum

Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nooniebao, Jan 8, 2021.

1. I am bopping like the rest of the world, but I was driving earlier and Scott Mills referred to Good 4 U as a 'rock song' and said that it was the longest charting 'rock song' since Bring Me To Life.

I'm sorry but I had to laugh.

Euphoria, Laurence, SlowBurn and 5 others like this.
  3. Brutal better be the next single!

Blue6010 likes this.
  4. Scott must have reiterated Official Charts because they’ve mentioned this in their latest chart news article (although they say “rock influenced”): https://www.officialcharts.com/char...fluenced-number-1-single-for-18-years__33400/

In next week’s UK singles chart ‘deja vu’ will have ACR applied to it. The likely outcome of that is it being removed from the chart (its streams being halved should make it fall out of her top 3 songs). ‘favorite crime’ could be the one to replace it! So that’s another Top 20 hit incoming.

More chart nerd stuff in the spoiler tags:
    The ACR / 3 songs maximum rules are making Olivia have quite a chaotic chart history!

drivers license
    [1st Entry: 15/01/2021] 01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-18-21-27-28-34-38-37-43-40-35-out
    [2nd Entry: 04/06/2021] 06-out

deja vu
    [Entry: 09/04/2021] 27-26-12-13-13-16-11-04-05-04-05... (very likely to exit the chart from #5 next Friday)

traitor
    [1st Entry: 28/05/2021] 07-out
    [2nd Entry: 11/06/2021] 05-08...

drivers license’s fall from #1 to #18 was the week it went to ACR. If it had managed to stay on SCR it would have only been down to #4 instead.

In the week that SOUR entered the chart, drivers license was removed from the singles chart because it was still on ACR & therefore not considered to be in her top 3 songs of the week (but without ACR it actually was in her top 3 most consumed songs that week). traitor was a new entry.

The significant increase in drivers license streams in the album release week meant that it was reset to SCR, which was beneficial the week afterwards. It re-entered at #6 and traitor was removed.

A week later, traitor genuinely did sell more than drivers license, causing them to switch places again - drivers license removed, and traitor back in at #5.

5. The next Avril Lavigne.

6. I feel like I’m truly “of age” because Olivia seems to come out of nowhere overnight for me. I knew of the Driver’s Licence song but didn’t give it much time.

I gave the album a proper listen last week because of all the buzz and wow. I’m sold. I really loved the whole thing. I’m not sure if it’s been said but I got a lot of Melodrama vibes from it.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  7. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

As much as this album didn't exactly work for me, I'm still so curious to see how the rest of the campaign plays out. It's been said multiple times, but everything from "drivers license" up till now has been handled astonishingly well, especially for a new artist in the pop sphere.

I wonder if her label sees any incentive in pushing another single when the three main singles will probably be mainstays on radio and streaming for the rest of the year, and then you have "traitor" practically operating as a fourth single with multiple weeks in the Top 10 already. Actually, it seems like all of the album tracks are taking on lives of their own, since none of them have taken a particularly hard nosedive on streaming after the album's release week. It's all truly fascinating to witness and I want to see what happens next.

8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Brutal and Traitor both have single potential but yeah.. it's not like the album needs more promo.
    Any further singles might just be to ensure she stays in the public eye while working on album 2?

Andrew.L and blaze_dave like this.
  9. I hope they do go for a second album and not a steam-losing repack.

10. I hope she doesn’t pull an Ariana and ditch the album the second it’s out, but as she is already shooting a new video, it doesn’t look like that will be the case.

11. Traitor video and then get a move on with album 2. Then she can tour and gag me plz

Wishlight likes this.
  12. The UK chart is maybe the worst in the world and the most nonsensical with such arbitrary, illogical rules.

13. Yeah I hope she keeps the momentum going. A few cute videos for the album highlights and then a seamless transition into a second album lead single would be ideal.

Mvnl likes this.

14. Queen of having 2 #1 singles and a #1 album before graduating high school.

Wishlight, ysev, Espeon and 48 others like this.
  15. I'm so obsessed with good 4 u

16. I'm like the crypt-keeper

Wishlight, Espeon, Verandi and 9 others like this.
  17. SOUR is midweek #1 in the UK! It’s on course for a third week at #1. Its chart run so far is 1-1-2-2.

good 4 u is also midweek #1, safely on track for its fifth consecutive week at the top!

traitor is #9, and favorite crime is currently #22. It’s only 141 sales behind Top 20, I hope it can climb.

Andrew.L, Florencia., aniraz and 8 others like this.
  18. This campaign really is hitting every mark huh?

alanmr and aux like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.