Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR | Page 86 | The Popjustice Forum

Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nooniebao, Jan 8, 2021.

1. And with that, all the album’s tracks are certified Gold or higher in the US.

Island, Mikal, ItBeats and 11 others like this.
  2. favorite crime being one of the Platinum album cuts, time for the full single treatment!

3. Obviously 2x platinum is amazing but deja vu deserves to be diamond.

4. I’m hoping she goes full Oops… I Did It Again and drops the angsty/cathartic/with a touch of haunting sister to Drivers Licence at the end of January and pushes for the next album.

It was so nice to get a debut single, then album, in relative succession from a pop girl- do it again!

5. I listened to this while feeling nostalgic and sitting by window looking out at my hometown and all the lights... And I got more emotional than I'd like to admit. I think this might be my album of the year. She's really something special.

Mvnl, Robbietoxic, Blue6010 and 3 others like this.
  6. Ms. Girl is nominated for seven Grammys, including the Big Four!

Wishlight, nooniebao, RMK and 15 others like this.
  7. I wrote it off initially but Deja Vu has turned into my favourite song on Sour, even after I cooled off the album.

Strawberry ice cream in Malibu
    Don't act like we didn't do that shit too
    You're trading jackets like we used to do
    Yeah everything is all reused
    Play her piano but she doesn't know
    That I was the one who taught you Billy Joel
    A different girl now, but there's nothing new
    I know you get deja vu

[​IMG]
    Let him have it!!!!

8. I’ve always loved Deja Vu, but found new appreciation for traitor recently. So catchy.

9. Nothing but love and appreciation for this excellent thesis on the merits of deja vu. You have finished top of class.

Something about that synth always reminds me a bit of Pure Heroine's best tracks. Olivia describing it as Getaway Car's spiritual sister feels right considering both are really criminally underrated (and lyrically petty) songs with ecstatic climaxes. In the end deja vu just makes me feel good.

10. Deja Vu actually feels a lot more like Sigrid/Tove Stryke to me, which shows why pop girls should get into that sound/delivery.

Wishlight, AndrewX and Runawaywithme like this.
  11. Deja Vu might be the best thing she's ever done for me. I'm a sucker for that haunting etheral atmospheric production style. I'd love it to be the blueprint for whatever comes next.

poshbabyyy, Wishlight, Island and 8 others like this.
  12. enough for you, happier and favourite crime are the filler, I think if there was some tempo change in those then it would be a lot more even. The other 8 are fantastic though.

I think if she uses those sounds as the template for the sophomore and releases it sometime next year.
    Best New Artists seems like it’s on lock for her but not sure on the others.

jealousy, jealousy should be the next single! hope ur ok I have a real soft spot for.

13. [​IMG]

14. I'm beyond happy for the runaway success. But these songs being inescapable everywhere, I'm fatigued.

15. I am once again asking you to stream the best album track on SOUR.

16. ALL THE THINGS I DIIIIIIIIIIIIID
    JUST SO I COULD CALL YOU MIIIIIIIIIIIINE

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.