Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR | Page 98 | The Popjustice Forum

Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nooniebao, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Saw her last night in Dublin. She was so good. Anyone have a playlist of the tracks that we’re playing before she went on? Was kinda living for every song.

2. aux

aux

Last night’s show was phenomenal. I was apprehensive at first because of the length of the show. She only has one album but truly stretches it to the limit, extending every song with new intros, longer bridges, etc. It really didn’t feel like a short set at all because of how packed the setlist was with hits and energy, even the slow songs had a different energy on stage.

The arrangements they used for the songs need to be released because they really beefed up the songs to feel more rock-ish and guitar driven. Her band was amazing.

I will say, I can see why she is touring theatres when she could easily sell out arenas. The show feels like a high school production that you’re watching in a basketball court converted into an auditorium. I feel like that atmosphere wouldn’t have translated well to arenas, where she would need a bit of a bigger production.

The cherry on top of an amazing set was her bringing out Natalie Imbruglia to perform “Torn”! I nearly lost it when she came out because I adore that song.

Truly, the whole thing was amazing. Olivia was already a superstar with her hits, but I see her becoming a clear touring force with the next album and bigger venues. I’m going again tonight and I cannot wait to see the final night of this tour. I wonder who she’ll bring out tonight…

3. I love her bringing out millennial icons to cater to her “older” fans. This remains a management hate account though for going for such small venues, I wish I’d been able to see this show.

4. Is there any chance of her second album coming out this year and another (bigger) tour happening next year?

5. Queen of debut albums. Here’s hoping she’ll kickoff the next one this year.

6. She comes across as such an old soul at times. Forget she's only 19.
    Never comes across as inauthentic or forced having her bring out older acts. You can tell she has a genuine appreciation and respect for them.

7. I'm ready for some more Olivia now. Hope she's working on something.

Truce, poshbabyyy, shampoo and 5 others like this.
  8. Deja Vu is the best one so this feels correct.

blaze_dave likes this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

10. I am excited for this

poshbabyyy likes this.
  11. I need her cover of You’re So Vain on Spotify.

poshbabyyy and blaze_dave like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.