Once Upon a Time | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Once Upon a Time

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Blayke, Oct 26, 2011.

1. The series season premiere had some great bits, but definitely some awful ones. I'd say new Henry, Cinderella, and Lucy are all great additions, but I'm not sold on the actress who plays Lady Tremaine and her Real Housewives of Beverly Hills face.

The scene where Henry tells Lucy that his family died in a fire was awful.

2. I enjoyed the first episode - sure, its the same old but its still good to watch, regardless the fact that it is a unecessary season. I like new Henry and he and Cinderella have good chemistry.

3. I think the ties to the previous seasons were the weak points in the premiere - Regina, Rumple, and Hook. New Henry is loads better than Old Henry so I'm glad to have him around. I liked the premiere more than I was expecting so I'll stick around (I mean, considering I've stuck with this show through some of its truly awful story arcs, saying I'll stick around now through its 7th season doesn't really mean much, I guess.)

4. I have to say I’m really enjoying the new season - the arc between Bella and Rumple was beautiful.

5. I'm liking the new season too actually (well, more than I've liked the previous few seasons anyway). I still feel like the holdover characters are the weak links but I can look past it. I'm seeing a lot of fans online completely panning the new season, though. They're lamenting the loss of "good acting" the show once had and saying the new cast is terrible. Like, sis, come on.

6. What new cast really? We have Cinderella, new Henry, Lucy and Victoria, Alice pops up here and there. Besides, I find all of them quite good. And its not like the previous acting was something spectacular anyway. My favorite was always Regina and I like her in this new role. Grown up Henry is also good, he is much better than kid Henry.

AstronautMikeDexter likes this.
  7. Show has been cancelled. Season 7 will be the last.

Future Lover likes this.
  8. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

I’ll finish the season to complete it but the season was awful. I really wish they just focused on Regina as her ending after season six was the only one that didn’t feel complete. Then called it a wrap.

9. About time! They should have ended it last season.

10. I didn't even know it was still going! Shook.

Stopped watching it somewhere around Season 4 I think.

11. That's sad if not unexpected. I'm happy they still gave it a proper ending on season 6 and now they just have to end the reboot.

12. Well, I wouldn't say the show is cancelled. The writers could have continued but ABC said no, that it is best to wrap it up and they agreed. I don't think anyone expected this reboot to go on more than 1 season, I certainly didn't.

13. I’m so glad this is finishing up. I’ve watched so long that I couldn’t stop watching until the end. It’s been rubbish since season 5.

14. So it ended.

Even though I liked the last scene. I can't help but to think how unorganized this franchise is, especially with the writers coming from Lost. Too many wasted characters, too many recycled things and characters that were quickly forgotten by the creative team. Over all, it just didn't have a good direction. I will forever appreciate the first season, but after that season, it became a big whole mess. Though good for the show that they got a proper ending.

15. I'm only halfway through the last season but I still ilke it despite being messy. Heck, even they joke with it, when Regina says to Zelena "I'm not here to discuss timelines". The whole thing is a fairytale so it doesn't really bother me that much, I can easily let it slide because it is not trying to be a serious drama series like Lost was. Lucy is really cute and I really liked the backstory of Victoria/Drizella.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  16. I liked the ending to be honest.
    What bothered me is there was two different Zelena’s in the episode and it never bothered to explain if the one without magic fucked off and was replaced by The with magic etc. It was confusing to say the least. Also they were in the past storybrooke but the future Snow and Charming arrived?

17. Very good finale. The best it could have been after losing its way so much recently.
    Chosen remains the best episode of Season 7, and it was a very nice surprise to see Zelena in the finale. The relationship between Emma and Regina was still a tad icy which I thought was appropriate.

18. Can somebody refresh my memory... so we have 2 Hooks, one is with Emma and one is Alice's dad. But there are also 2 Rumples, right? One spent a life with Bella (such a great episode by the way) and other one is the Dark one right? I mean, Hook goes to him asking for help when he wants to free Alice from the tower, right? I swear, sometimes is so hard to keep track of everything haha!

19. The finale was so good, I was so sad that it is finally all ending though. The last season has been phenomenal. I really enjoyed the reboot.

ZsDbk88 likes this.
  20. Jennifer Morrison has been announced for Wrexham Comic Con. Weird to think that the Saviour herself will be an hour away from where I live.

Chris Lala and rav4boy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.