One Direction - Up All Night (Album)

More Than This, Tell Me a Lie and I Wish are still the best tracks on the album for me.

The tour version of More Than This is peculiar. I like that Niall changes his vocal arrangement and of course Zayn sounds like bliss. Unfortunately the emotion of the original track is zapped out of it. I would like to hear a proper acoustic version of More Than This without the screaming fan girls on it.

Stole My Heart is amazing. Why have I only just listened to this , its like the third A1 album, if the third A1 album wasn't 'trying to be real musicians'.

Mvnl

Staff member
ladylloyd said:
Stole My Heart is amazing. Why have I only just listened to this , its like the third A1 album, if the third A1 album wasn't 'trying to be real musicians'.

The fourth A1 album however is properly brilliant.

I got this album for my Christmas and came on here to see what peoples stand out favourite song was and I can see by reading that there isnt one! My favourite is More Than This...very Backstreet Boys (and not just because of the More Than This/More Than That similarity), also Stole My Heart is possibly just as great. This is such a good album. Actuyally I got this album, Rihannas and The Saturdays and they're all amazing!

he/him
Zayn is flawless right, but this was extra flawless. Even he knows it was brilliant.

The tour looks like it would be a lot of fun if the screaming girls shut the fuck up for a bit.

They should let Loius sing more. He`s got so much emotion in his voice when he sings. I love his parts in More than this, Moments and One thing.

Tell me a lie is my favourite song fromm them.

Zayn and Liam are the best singers, but I like Louis voice the most and Niall or Harry`s voices the least.

I live in Texas and woke up this morning with my radio alarm playing "What Makes You Beautiful." It turns out that I had accidentally turned the dial to ESPN radio while dusting the day before, and it was just a snippet of the song used for an intro to one of their sports segments.

But I guess the group is starting to get promoted over here.

I think this band could make it out here. I think they do need to fine tune their sound for American audiences [their debut works perfectly for the sound in the UK] get them with a couple bigger producers out here, and they could follow in the likes of Bieber.

I've been trying to figure out the song 'Stole My Heart' reminds me of. A few people have posted in here & lots on Youtube that it sounds really familiar. Most people have responded 'Dynamite' by Taio Cruz but that isn't it.. i literally had to sit, silent today and hum the melody over & over until it came to me... it's only Whigfields 'Think Of You'!!!!

soweird101 said:
I think this band could make it out here. I think they do need to fine tune their sound for American audiences [their debut works perfectly for the sound in the UK] get them with a couple bigger producers out here, and they could follow in the likes of Bieber.
What is with all this bullshit about changing your sund or whatever for American audiences. How about throwing something not 'American' and see if people like it! No wonder music is such a mess, with everything homogenised & 'tweaked' for markets. It's not like they haven't followed the American boyband template for god's sake!

peet81 said:
I've been trying to figure out the song 'Stole My Heart' reminds me of. A few people have posted in here & lots on Youtube that it sounds really familiar. Most people have responded 'Dynamite' by Taio Cruz but that isn't it.. i literally had to sit, silent today and hum the melody over & over until it came to me... it's only Whigfields 'Think Of You'!!!!

Oh god it actually does! haha.

http://youtu.be/FKe71FTc9aE

I genuinely don't know why Harry is pushed as the front man of the band. I seriously think he's a weak singer with no stage presence, plus needs a haircut and doesn't stand out at all. His "solo" on the Red or Black performance was a mess. Liam is also bland. He's got a decent voice but no personality at all and seems miserable and stands out like a sore thumb on the 'One Thing' video. Louis is pointless, too, but in a "token attractive group member who can't sing" way so it's forgiven since he's not supposed to stand out anyway.

I'd like to hear more of Niall on their singles as I think he's got an interesting voice plus has the most personality in the band. I think he could be the face of the band as he's definitely the most fun and down to earth one I think.

Not sure about Zayn. He seems a bit of a diva.

shadow2009 said:
I genuinely don't know why Harry is pushed as the front man of the band. I seriously think he's a weak singer with no stage presence, plus needs a haircut and doesn't stand out at all. His "solo" on the Red or Black performance was a mess. Liam is also bland. He's got a decent voice but no personality at all and seems miserable and stands out like a sore thumb on the 'One Thing' video. Louis is pointless, too, but in a "token attractive group member who can't sing" way so it's forgiven since he's not supposed to stand out anyway.

I'd like to hear more of Niall on their singles as I think he's got an interesting voice plus has the most personality in the band. I think he could be the face of the band as he's definitely the most fun and down to earth one I think.

Not sure about Zayn. He seems a bit of a diva.

Ern Harry does have alot of stage presence?...look at some tour videos.
I do agree with you about Niall though, he should have more vocals!