One Direction - Up All Night (Album)

Go 1D! So proud. Let's hope they stay up there, or at least in the top 5.
Katy Perry's tweet to Niall was so cute

‏@katyperry @NiallOfficial congratulations, you didn't let me down! xo
@NiallOfficial @katyperry hey katy,thank you,let's hope it holds out this week!Thank you for putting me thru!we've been working hard,I won't let you down

And wasn't it Nr. 1 in Australia? Just the lady at the "The Today Show" said that the album was Nr. 1 in 6 countries and USA might be the seventh.

graffiti my soul said:
Stella Banks said:
This album was nr. 1 in 6 countries?

Your avatar is amazing!

Thank you!

Stella Banks said:
JakeMagnus said:
RadarX said:

"The music has to stand on its own" is rich coming from someone who hasn't had a single worldwide hit in their career. And it's certainly not their fault if he is late on rent.

I find it so annoying when such stars talk about the new generation. And seriously, who cares about the future when they are doing so great right now?

And if it was the Backstreet Boys... Then maybe. They were massive. They've earned their right to talk down a little bit. (And that's probably the reason they don't need to do so.) But NKOTB? Come on...

JakeMagnus said:
Stella Banks said:
JakeMagnus said:
RadarX said:

"The music has to stand on its own" is rich coming from someone who hasn't had a single worldwide hit in their career. And it's certainly not their fault if he is late on rent.

I find it so annoying when such stars talk about the new generation. And seriously, who cares about the future when they are doing so great right now?

And if it was the Backstreet Boys... Then maybe. They were massive. They've earned their right to talk down a little bit. (And that's probably the reason they don't need to do so.) But NKOTB? Come on...

I love the inadvertent admission that he couldn't make rent post-NKOTB.

I feel like the music does stand on it's own, though. Obviously we should wait and see what they do next, but for a first album, it's hardly the usual "3 proper singles and 9 dodgy filler tracks" affair that you get from most of these talent show debuts. This album is about even with most of the stuff currently in the top 40 and in some case are quite a few notches better. I'm just surprised at how consistent and solid it is, given that it didn't really need to be to sell well.