One Girl's ƎVO⅃UTION - Sabrina Carpenter Discography Rate #28 Make Misery Your Bitch | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

One Girl's ƎVO⅃UTION - Sabrina Carpenter Discography Rate #28 Make Misery Your Bitch

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Music Is Life, Apr 23, 2019.

?

Favorite Sabrina Album

1. Eyes Wide Open

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. ƎVO⅃UTION

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Singular: Act I

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Honestly, the Safe & Sound cover is cute. It’s the Disney songs that need to vacate.

2. Y'all prefer her Safe and Sound cover over this? Okay. Go off, I guess.

But also, can Smile leave as soon as possible? Thank you.

Music Is Life and Lila like this.
  3. I feel like 'Sign Of The Times' is my new 'Mad World'. The moody piano versions aren't ever as good as the original, but I'm a sucker all the same.

The Post Precious version of 'Sign of The Times' is my definitive version, though. Sorry Harry.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    savilizabeths and Music Is Life like this.
  4. [​IMG]

No.

pop3blow2 and Music Is Life like this.
  5. It's so hard to like some of these posts I swear. DISNEY FOR THE WIN!

DJHazey likes this.
  6. It being a very 4.54 song is really all I can say about that song.

7. Okay so in general, my goal is to get out one elimination each day, possibly two or possibly none depending on the daays. Weekends I might not post any depending on what I'm doing.

abael, Fascination, soratami and 4 others like this.
  8. great start so far

Music Is Life likes this.
  9. Alright everybody! Here's some tea to tide you over before the next elimination:
    • Our next song is the last one with a less than 5 average
    • We'll hit a 6 point average before the top 40
    • The top 30 all have an average higher than 7
    • We don't hit an 8+ average until the top 11
    • There are two ties
    • The top 10 still has one song from Eyes Wide Open, four songs from EVOLUTION, four songs from Singular Act I, and one Extra
    • Our winner is the only song with an above 9 average, and it is very surprising to me.
    So what does everyone think is going next?

Rem, livefrommelbs, Lila and 6 others like this.
  10. I'm surprised people like Singular Act 1 that much. Safe & Sound is on it's way out I'm thinking.

savilizabeths and Music Is Life like this.
  11. It's well loved because it's a great album.

12. Maybe hoping Paris follows Safe & Sound out the rate would be a bit far-fetched then.

13. ???

As if Paris isn't going to be in the top 5 at the very least. And Safe & Sound shouldn't be going anything soon.

Remorque, OspreyQueen, Lila and 2 others like this.
  14. #49 - Rescue Me: 4.97
    Rescue Me Single Cover.jpg

Highest: 1x8.6 (@pop3blow2)
    Lowest: 1x0 (@Ana Raquel) 1x1 (@Empty Shoebox) 1x3 (@iheartpoptarts)
    My Score: 7.5
    Favorite Lyric: If I smile, dancing alone for a while
    (I love this cause it just describes me. Smiling and dancing alone.)
    Yup, this cute little summer ditty is out next. I am not upset about this, as this is one of my lowest scores as well. Thankfully y'all are getting everything right so far. I also still don't have a lot to say about this. I do lowkey love the melody, especially on the "If I smile" part, and the vibe is very relaxed and enjoyable. Also THAT LYRIC really hits me in the feels, but the "would you rescue me" following kinda ruins it, cause why would anyone need to be rescued from that? Maybe I'd like this more if I listened to it while lounging on a beach.

What did our commentators have to say? Not much. @pop3blow2 (8.6) just said I like acoustic Sabrina. Okay, me too, but clearly not a lot of people do, and she has better acoustic songs, but mostly cause they're just stripped down versions of her other ones. @DJHazey (7) Oh let's break up the momentum a little bit why don't we? Talk about 'beach-bop gone wrong'...okay it's not terrible but so bland compared to what I've just listened to alright. I need to remind myself that not everone has the same scoring system I do, because commentary like this feels more negative than a score of 7. "Bland" is correct though, but only slightly. @livefrommelbs (6) IDK, this one's just a bit lacklustre to me. Okay. @OspreyQueen (6) Definitely nothing amazing, but it has a certain charm. I wouldn’t mind listening to this while chilling on the beach. Charm is a good word and I'm starting to think that might be necessary to truly enjoy this song.
    @savilizabeths (5) This isn’t bad, just kinda forgettable. I get it. @iheartpoptarts (3) Well, at least the ukulele makes sense in Teen Beach Movie context. True. Is the movie good? And @Ana Raquel (0) had this to say: No. Okay then fair enough.
    I'll get out another one in a couple hours to tide you over before the weekend.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  15. Haha! Not me the high scorer on a Disney song... at 8.6!?

My 'commentary' was just sort of a rambling live commentary extension from my Eyes Wide Open thoughts. Long story short I really Sabrina's voice more over acoustic guitars & ukuleles... (and piano, obviously, as we learned from my being high scorer on Sign Of The Times.)

16. Do you like Disney Channel Original Movies? If so, it'll be FUN.

(The first one is essential, the second one I could take or leave.)

17. I do love DCOMs, and I was obsessed with the first one (even bought the soundtrack) but I just never found the time for the second one. When I get a chance I'll watch it.

Also, just so everyone knows my brain, low scores are 0-3.5, middle of the road scores are 4-7.5, and high scores are 8-10/11. For some reason, that's what makes sense to me.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  18. #48 - Tomorrow Starts Today: 5.17
    Tomorrow Starts Today Single Cover.jpg

Highest: 1x8.5 (@pop3blow2) 1x8 (Me)
    Lowest: 1x2 (@Empty Shoebox) 1x3 (@savilizabeths)
    My Score: 8
    Favorite Lyric: This fight has just begun, I'll take the highs and lows.
    (This basically describes my approach to life these days. Instead of waiting for anything to happen, I'm going to face it head on.)

We lose our second Disney song in a row (grrrr) with this boppy theme song. Honestly, this is so much fun and you all don't deserve it. Maybe it's a little basic for Disney theme songs, but I still get my life to it when I feel like it. The lyrics are...what you expect for a kid's show theme song, so they don't bother me, and there are even a couple highlights. However, I recognize that this isn't for everybody, and if something has to go early, I'm glad it's this and not one of my absolute favorites. But Disney deserves better.

Once again, no one had much to say about this. This is one of the rare songs that high scorer @pop3blow2 gave me nothing on. (It really hasn't been a good start for you, has it?) So let's jump to the middle-of-the-road and low scorers. @DJHazey (6) Folky bop can be fine, but this isn't the tea. At first, I thought folky wasn't really the right word, but after listening to it again, it makes sense. That's the only thing here I agree with though. @livefrommelbs (5) A little too sugary sweet for these ears! But that's what makes it fun.

@savilizabeths (3) It’s a faceless Disney theme song that I might like if I had any connection to the show it’s from, but not independently from that Hey, I like it and I've never watched the show! I understand the faceless comment though. @OspreyQueen (4) “I forced a bot to listen to 1000 Disney soundtrack songs and then made it write its own” vibes. Do a thousand Disney soundtrack songs exist though? yeah probably now that I think about it. And let's close out with @iheartpoptarts (4) But how will the world get new Disney popstars if these people don’t sing their own theme songs? Do we really need new Disney popstars though? I mean, I don't think anyone currently part of it is interested in music. I do miss the days when the stars sung their own theme songs though.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Rem, berserkboi, aniraz and 9 others like this.
  19. Oh, I figured my ballot was gonna get m u r d e r e d in this rate. I had no delusions of grandeur about that. If my 11 makes it to the top 40, I'm baking myself one of those Sabreena Carpunder cakes from her 'Pushing 20' single.

On a sidenote, I've seen Andi Mack. It's cute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.