One Girl's ƎVO⅃UTION - Sabrina Carpenter Discography Rate FINALE Pt 2 Many Things Are Wrong With Me | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

One Girl's ƎVO⅃UTION - Sabrina Carpenter Discography Rate FINALE Pt 2 Many Things Are Wrong With Me

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Music Is Life, Apr 23, 2019.

?

Favorite Sabrina Album

1. Eyes Wide Open

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. ƎVO⅃UTION

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Singular: Act I

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Huh, I feel I haven't been getting notifications about this thread for some reason. Regardless, Safe & Sound and Paris for next out please.

2. That's weird. Also, no and no.

DJHazey, aniraz, soratami and 2 others like this.
  3. Paris is one of the easiest 10s I gave in this rate.

4. Yeah, I definitely think I'm on an island with my Paris rating, but I just can't like it.

Fascination likes this.
  5. Paris is... fine, but I absolutely do not hear what everyone else does. It isn’t that great.

abael likes this.
  6. Paris is amazing. That's that. And sorry about the lack of eliminations everyone. My best friend who I hadn't seen in a while came over Friday, and my family and I went to see Endgame yesterday so I've just been really busy.

7. Paris is one of her best songs, no way it's going out anytime soon!

8. I'm really really sorry about the drought of eliminations this week but I'll hopefully have one out soon.

abael, soratami, Lila and 3 others like this.
  9. Hey @Music Is Life, it's been over a week since the last elimination. Let us know how things are going.

Music Is Life and savilizabeths like this.
  10. This week has been a little crazy and I haven't had much internet access, but everything is good now and there will be at least two eliminations today. I'm really sorry everyone and thanks for your patience.

pop3blow2, soratami, Lila and 3 others like this.
  11. #43 - Right Now: 5.94
    Right Now Single Cover.jpg

Highest: 1x9 (Me) 1x8.6 (@pop3blow2)
    Lowest: 1x3 (@Empty Shoebox) 1x4 (@Fascination)
    My Score: 9
    Favorite Lyric: We hold our fears too tight.
    (Sabrina singing the truth again. A lot of the time, fear controls our actions, even when it shouldn't.)

After a bit of an unexpected break, another album track from Eyes Wide Open falls, and is our last song below a 6 point average. This one hurts quite a bit, I really love this. The message of living for right now might be tried and true, but I'm a sucker for them. This seriously could have lasted longer, you fiends. The chorus is honestly undeniable for me, and the HANDCLAPS. I'm sure I've said it before, but I'm a sucker for handclaps. Ugh, listening to it again and I love it. You all don't deserve her debut.

Let's start with the people who focus too much on the future or the past, which is appearently most of you. I only got commentary for this from four of you though, so this is going to be short and sweet. @OspreyQueen (5) I was all geared up for a bit thumping chorus and got…that. I feel cheated. The chorus is great so I don't know what you were listening to. @savilizabeths (5) This is…cute. It doesn’t stick in the memory, and I’m not particularly engaged when I do listen to it. There’s very little else to say. Really? Cause it's stuck in my head Right Now. (I hate myself a little but I'm not deleting it.) @DJHazey (7) At least the chorus adds a little excitement, key word being little. You tried something here and in my personal opinion you failed. But at least you sort of enjoyed it.

Finally, @pop3blow2 (8.6) stay beautiful: One of the best vocals in the album, for sure. Love the verses, that chorus though, not working for me. Okay you're amazing, but - and I know I'm repeating myself here - the chorus is great.

Not the most exciting comeback, but hey, it could be worse.

12. #42 - Silver Nights: 6.04
    Silver Nights Single Cover.png

Highest: 2x8 (@soratami @DJHazey)
    Lowest: 2x4 (@OspreyQueen @Empty Shoebox)
    My Score: 7.5
    Favorite Lyric: There's nothing like these silver nights with you.

(I just really like the imagery and emotion of spending winter nights with someone you love.)

This also lasted longer than I expected. But as you can see, this song only recieved scores in the 4-8 range, so no one hated it enough to sink it, or loved it enough to raise it higher. It's a cute Christmas song, that was left off of Eyes Wide Open. I enjoyed it for what it was, and if it was December, it's probably have a higher score.

Take it away, people who like Christmas in May: @DJHazey (8) Of course she had a Christmas bop attached to the sound from her debut era. Not bad either, but I never really stan for any Christmas song too much. Well this didn;t seem as nice as I was expecting, but you're pretty much on the nose here. @livefrommelbs (6.5) White Christmas songs don't really work for me because December is summertime here, but this is still cute and festive. I'm glad you were able to fin some enjoyment in this. But there are amazing Christmas songs out there, that I hope you can love too. @Lila This is actually really cute! I had to go looking for it since it isn't on UK Spotify but I can see myself giving it a few plays next Christmas. Country bloked songs in 2019? It makes no sense for this to not be on UK Spotify.

And we have some not as nice people: @savilizabeths (5) A cute enough Christmas song that I probably won’t add to my Christmas playlist. Sorry, Sabrina. I don't even have a Christmas playlist, so I won't be adding it either. @pop3blow2 (6.8) This is fine, but sorta generic. Truth, and glad it's something you're not the high scorer for? And let's close out with @OspreyQueen (4) I tend to be pretty forgiving with Christmas songs, but this is just too much for me. It’s so overwhelmingly trite and twee that I can’t even switch my brain off and enjoy it. I don't think it's that bad, but hey "trite and twee" usually doesn't bother me.

berserkboi, DJHazey, aniraz and 7 others like this.
  13. Woohoo, the irony of me finally falling back to earth in the Sabrina rate.... with a Christmas song.

Kacey Musgraves wouldn't know anything about that, in her rate. Haha!

Music Is Life, savilizabeths and Lila like this.
  14. Ugh, I know it’s May but there’s still a handful of songs that should’ve gone before that.

Music Is Life likes this.
  15. I'm the top scorer for a Christmas song? As a certified hater of Christmas music, I am shocked. I have to say that song didn't really feel that Christmas-y to me, more like a cute winter-y song. Plus the chorus is great.

16. I didn't realise that it was a c*****mas song, otherwise I would have marked it accordingly.

soratami likes this.
  17. Yeah, this along with Darling I'm a Mess I feel went at the right time. Also, welcome back!

Music Is Life and savilizabeths like this.
  18. Thank you! Who's ready to find out what the top 40 will be on this fine Saturday morning (or possibly afternoon?)

19. Wow, I forgot Silver Nights was still here. It's by far the inferior Christmas song here.

As far as Right Now, I'm sorry @Music Is Life, you know I love you but despite having heard the song so many damn times, I honestly can't remember how it goes Right Now (see, I did it too).

Music Is Life likes this.
  20. It's okay, it's just one of our differences. I still love you too!

soratami and savilizabeths like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.