One Girl's ƎVO⅃UTION - The Sabrina Carpenter Discography Rate #47 No Seams Hold Us Down | The Popjustice Forum

One Girl's ƎVO⅃UTION - The Sabrina Carpenter Discography Rate #47 No Seams Hold Us Down

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Music Is Life, Apr 23, 2019.

?

Favorite Sabrina Album

1. Eyes Wide Open

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. ƎVO⅃UTION

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Singular: Act I

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. How many girls have worked for Disney while releasing music? Honestly, too many to count. But one of these girls stands out from the rest in a post-Miley, Demi, Selena world.
    [​IMG]
    Yup. We're her to talk about Sabrina Carpenter. Actually, now that I think about, she might be one of the only Disney girls from the last few years still making music. She got her start with a few minor roles on TV, before hitting it big with one of the leads of the Disney-led show, Girl Meets World. A year after starting the show she released her debut single, "Can't Blame A Girl For Trying", and an EP of the same name. Since then she has released three albums, with another on the way and at least one song every year. And we're here to figure out exactly which of her greatest songs are. This is her ƎVO⅃UTION - Welcome to the Sabrina Carpenter Discography Rate!
    [​IMG]

2. Rules
    Most of you know how this works by now, but here's a quick recap:
    • You listen to all of the songs in the song list below, and rate each on a scale of 0-10.
    • You give one - and I mean one song, your favorite the one you think is her best - your 11.
    • You can add commentary to as many song as you want, and I encourage it because I love hearing - or reading - everybody's thoughts.
    • You send all of this in a PM to me on this forum.
    • You have until Monday, May 13, to get your scores into me. That's just about three weeks, which should be plenty of time for around 50 songs.
    Your Song List

Eyes Wide Open
    Eyes Wide Open Album Cover.jpg
    01. Eyes Wide Open
    02. Can't Blame A Girl For Trying
    03. The Middle Of Starting Over
    04. We'll Be The Stars
    05. Two Young Hearts
    06. Your Love's Like
    07. Too Young
    08. Seamless
    09. Right Now
    10. Darling I'm A Mess
    11. White Flag
    12. Best Thing I Got

ƎVO⅃UTION
    ƎVOLution Album Cover.jpg
    01. On Purpose
    02. Feels Like Loneliness
    03. Thumbs
    04. No Words
    05. Run & Hide
    06. Mirage
    07. Don't Want It Back
    08. Shadows
    09. Space
    10. All We Have Is Love

Singular: Act I
    Singular - Act I Album Cover.jpg
    01. Almost Love
    02. Paris
    03. Hold Tight Feat. UHMEER
    04. Sue Me
    05. prfct
    06. Bad Time
    07. Mona Lisa
    08. Diamonds Are Forever
    09. Alien (with Jonas Blue)
    10. Why

Singular: Act II (subject to change)
    Pushing 20 Single Cover.jpg
    01. Pushing 20
    02. On My Way (with Alan Walker & Farruko)
    03. Exhale

Extras
    sabrina-carpenter-personal-pics-01-03-2019-3.jpg
    01. Fall Apart
    02. Safe & Sound
    03. Smile
    04. Silver Nights
    05. Take On The World (with Rowan Blanchard)
    06. Stand Out
    07. Rescue Me
    08. Smoke & Fire
    09. You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch (with Lindsey Stirling)
    10. Sign Of The Times
    11. Wildside (with Sofia Carson)
    12. Hands
    13. First Love (with Lost Kings)
    14. Tomorrow Starts Today
    15. Lie For Love

Eyes Wide Open
    01. Eyes Wide Open
    02. Can't Blame A Girl For Trying
    03. The Middle Of Starting Over
    04. We'll Be The Stars
    05. Two Young Hearts
    06. Your Love's Like
    07. Too Young
    08. Seamless
    09. Right Now
    10. Darling I'm A Mess
    11. White Flag
    12. Best Thing I Got

ƎVO⅃ution
    01. On Purpose
    02. Feels Like Loneliness
    03. Thumbs
    04. No Words
    05. Run & Hide
    06. Mirage
    07. Don't Want It Back
    08. Shadows
    09. Space
    10. All We Have Is Love

Singular: Act I
    01. Almost Love
    02. Paris
    03. Hold Tight
    04. Sue Me
    05. prfct
    06. Bad Time
    07. Mona Lisa
    08. Diamonds Are Forever
    09. Alien
    10. Why

Singular: Act II
    01. Pushing 20
    02. On My Way
    03. Exhale

Extras
    01. Fall Apart
    02. Safe & Sound
    03. Smile
    04. Silver Nights
    05. Take On The World
    06. Stand Out
    07. Rescue Me
    08. Smoke & Fire
    09. You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch
    10. Sign Of The Times
    11. Wildside
    12. Hands
    13. First Love
    14. Tomorrow Starts Today
    15. Lie For Love
    Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5WHI0GbcEswX82fg7TvuFu

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  3. Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 2:03 PM
  4. Eyes Wide Open has some big highlights but Evolution is the most consistent album here. Singular Act I has some bops too but then it strays too much into modern R&B for me so don't expect me to be on the front lines for that album. A lot of different scores will be used in this rate, fair warning. *evil laugh*

Music Is Life likes this.
  5. Ready for the mess I'm sure you'll bring. Singular Act I is clearly her best album, but Evolution is still pretty great, and Eyes Wide open is nice enough.

Also question for everyone: If she releases a new song before the voting period is up, do you want me to add it to the song list?

DJHazey likes this.
  6. People have added new songs before, so it wouldn't be a problem, I'd imagine.

Yeah, like I said, I think the first few songs were like "yas what a bop" and then it went downhill for me. I can't imagine I'm going to crush it, but I remember a lot of 5s and 6s in there.

7. Okay good, cause I wouldn't want a song to be left out.

And I can't imagine giving a 5 to anything on Singular. Your votes are going to be...interesting.

I'm so excited for this.

DJHazey likes this.
  8. I might do this one. She's someone I like, but never really gotten into huge (always on the fringes of my pop periphery!) Maybe doing a rate would let me focus on her.

I quite enjoyed Eyes Wide Open, but just sort of dabbled with the other two albums. Some singles I liked, some didn't really click.

DJHazey and Music Is Life like this.
  9. Oh please join us! I'd love to hear what you think about her songs, and I bet some could grow on you. Also, and this goes out to everyone, please don't worry about giving out lower scores or "trashing" songs. We all have our opinions, and that's usually where commentary comes in handy.

Empty Shoebox and DJHazey like this.
  10. Is this worth me doing? I've only heard literally two of her songs but according to Wikipedia the first album is slightly folk/country influenced. I'm tempted since it's really only a handful of songs and I'm itching to procrastinate the massive amounts of work I have to do at the moment by doing a rate ddd.

DJHazey and Music Is Life like this.
  11. I promise it's worth it, she has some serious gems in her discography.

Lila likes this.
  12. This might be my first rate, I got into her a few months back but I have never dived deep into her discography and I think this will be the perfect oportunity! Sue Me is amazing althought I recently stumbled upon the Marian Hill remix and it's taking over as my default version of the song.

13. I'd be honored if you decided for this as your first rate. And if you prefer a specific version of a song, you can just score the song accordingly and mention it in your commentary.

Sonny Ammbo likes this.
  14. Let me try the debut and report back. I've only heard Pushing 20 and Sue Me, the former of which I was quite taken with, so we'll see!

15. The debut has some highlights, but try to keep in mind she was 15 and led by Disney.

Lila likes this.
  16. I'll definitely do this!

17. Great!

18. I'm definitely down for this! I've loved what I've heard from her, and am excited to listen to what I haven't.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.