One Girl's ƎVO⅃UTION - The Sabrina Carpenter Discography Rate #48: Enjoy The Highs & Lows | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

One Girl's ƎVO⅃UTION - The Sabrina Carpenter Discography Rate #48: Enjoy The Highs & Lows

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Music Is Life, Apr 23, 2019.

?

Favorite Sabrina Album

1. Eyes Wide Open

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. ƎVO⅃UTION

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Singular: Act I

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. If you gave half the Disney songs a score of 7 or higher, you're a part of Team Disney.

pop3blow2 and DJHazey like this.
  2. Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  3. iheartpoptarts and Empty Shoebox like this.
  4. Alright everybody, THREE DAYS LEFT. You can do it! (Pretty sure some of ya'll won't vote, but I'm tagging you anyway.)
    @DarkSacoura
    @unnameable
    @Pecans

5. AND we have officially hit 10 voters! WOOHOO! That was my goal! So here's so more teasing for you:
    • Only three songs have an average above 9 right now, and two of them are...surprising. They're all also from 3 different "albums."
    • From what I can tell, we only have one tie, between an extra and an album track.
    • We have the same highest song, but not the same lowest song from 5 ballots go.
    • The entire top 15 has an average above 8.
    • There's one song from Eyes Wide Open, 4 songs from ƎVO⅃UTION, 4 songs from Singular Act I, and 1 Extra in the top 10.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    abael, aniraz, iheartpoptarts and 7 others like this.
  6. [​IMG]

Music Is Life likes this.
  7. [​IMG]

DJHazey and Lila like this.
  8. We love a top 10 with 11 songs on it.

9. Ahhhh crap. Let me edit that post real quick.

DJHazey, soratami and pop3blow2 like this.
  10. I was looking at my Last.fm earlier...

& look at Sabreena Carpunder using her rate powers to be my most played artist of the month. (Even over my current end-all/be-all Maisie Peters.)

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 3.30.45 PM.png

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    soratami, Lila and Music Is Life like this.
  11. Singular: Act I: 9.875
    Singular - Act I Album Cover.jpg

Sabrina's best album (deal with it) so far begins with a total bop. Almost Love has this gliding boppy production throughout that is extremely fun to dance to. Sassy, fun and honest, this is a great way to start the album. However, for me it's one of the weaker songs on here, and her weakest lead single, so it just gets a 9.5 from me. The next track is clearly one of her best songs about the City of Love. Paris is sexy seductive, gorgeous, fun, and epic in ways you don't expect, which all work really well, and someone keep it from being over the top. How could I not give this a 10? The next song grew on me quite a bit over the past couple months. Hold Tight continues the sexy, sassy vibe of the last two songs, with lyrics about how instead of going out, she'd reather stay in with her lover. Fun production, and a guest rap from UHMEER actually make this a serious highlight and a 10. The next song is how I ended up running this rate in the first place. I don't even know why I decided to watch it, but when the Sue Me video came out I was floored by both the song and video. It has everything I love about the mix of R&B and pop lately. A little bit of Demi, a little bit of Ari, but with a flavor that's all Sabrina, and lyrics about how she's living her best life after a break-up, I had to give this my 11. With the next song, Sabrina continues to combine R&B and pop really well, in a song titled prfct. It's a cute song, about how sometimes we need an imperfect relationship, rather than a perfect one. The chorus makes this a highlight for me, and a solid 9.5.

Enter the second half of the album we have Bad Time, a song about where Sabrina takes her ex's words and uses them against him. The song bops hard, and with Sabrina's cheeky and fun lyrics, great vocals, and a hilarious in the best way possible bridge, the song becomes a 10 in my eyes. The next song is so short, she performs it twice on tour. A fun little ditty about how she doesn't wanna be left hanging like the Mona Lisa, the song bops along with fun production and cute lyrics, but not much else. Maybe with a bridge this could be better, but it's a solid 9.25. The closing track on the standard edition is an R&B vocal showcase that explains what she's worth, and deserves the score of 10. Diamonds Are Forever, makes for a rather epic closer for this nearly prfct third album, and makes me excited for where she's going to go next. But first we have a couple Japan bonus tracks. The first is dance banger Alien, with Jonas Blue. It's honestly a crime this wasn't on the main album, with great production and relatable lyrics about how messy figuring out a relationship can be. The song is one of the best from the era, and earns that 10. The final song and bonus track is about how different she and her boyfriend are, even though they work really well together and don't know Why. Relatable lyrics, and the production bops here too, with vocal work that's different for her, it's pretty good. While I enjoy the song, I'm not as mad it wasn't on the main album, so it gets a 9.5.

All in all, this is for me her strongest collection with a multide off highs, and some songs you can barely consider lows. I hope it does as well in this rate as it does in my heart.

12. So what happened is you tried to scam an extra song into the Top 10 from the album that should have two songs there tops?

[​IMG]

13. Haha no what happened is I can't count. But all 5 songs deserve to be there.

soratami and DJHazey like this.
  14. Haha it didn't necessarily have to be a mistake. Last time I ran a rate there was a tie at #5 so there were six songs in the top 5.

15. Oooh true. But none of them were ties sadly. But there's also the Carly rate, since Your Type and Warm Blood tied at #2, so three songs in the top 2.

livefrommelbs and soratami like this.
  16. I'd love even a tiny extension if that's a possibility!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.